Stardew Valley - The Thread Of The Game!

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Stardew Valley - The Thread Of The Game!

Post by noiseredux »

I finally started playing Stardew Valley last night. And today I talked the big homey Racketman to buy a copy. This is good stuff. Let's use this thread to talk about it and the neat stuff we find.

Like those arcade cabs!
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Stardew Valley - The Thread Of The Game!

Post by Exhuminator »

We can finally play Harvest Moon on PC without emulation.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Are you using keyboard or pad? I'm trying to talk Em into using a pad - the keyboard is so confusing to me.

Playing games like this is so odd with kids the age of my kids - they just want to keep buying Joja Cola and see if it'll make us hyper so we can farm really fast. They bought 4 cans of cola, y'know, instead of parsnip seeds or something useful.

They also want to steal other people's stuff - like some dude's shovel on the way to town. Anyone have any luck just ganking stuff yet?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'm using keyboard/mouse. I basically only use controllers for stuff like arcade games these days.

A few things that might help:

ESC - is your menu. In here is where you can change settings (you can remap to whatever keys you want for anything if it'll make it easier on you). This is also where the drop down is for crafting.

M - Map.

Also, notice in the top rightish corner of the screen there's a yellow "!"... click that, and it'll tell you your current objectives. The first couple are (1) meet everyone in town, and (2) grow parsnips.

Also also, are you watching TV every morning? Weather channel will tell you tomorrow's weather so you can plan ahead.

As far as balance goes of being productive and just exploring and doing fun stuff, think of it like real life: You need to work and then you can play. So when you wake up, go outside and start working on your farm. Cut down some trees, start clearing stuff, use the hoe to start a small garden to plant those parsnip seeds, water the seeds. But keep watching your Energy in the bottom right corner. Once you are down to 50%, take that as a queue to quit working and go exploring. Fair warning: Energy is important. If you hit 0%, that's bad. And if you stay up til 2AM, that's worse.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Everyone's so excited for Stardew Valley, but no-one wanted to play a Harvest Moon game for Together Retro :(
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

alienjesus wrote:Everyone's so excited for Stardew Valley, but no-one wanted to play a Harvest Moon game for Together Retro :(

FWIW I hate it all.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:Image

glad to see you took the bait!
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I've never been able to get into Harvest Moon or Story of Seasons for that matter.

But the Rune Factory series with its farming + sezzy waifus + dungeon crawling =

Normally I'd be hyper critical of Stardew Valley for being such a blatant ripoff, but the developer saw an unfulfilled niche for PC and ran with it. So no harm, no foul.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Really loving this game and am currently incapable of playing anything else. Abigail has a SNES!