Games becoming Nintendo Selects on March 11th

Post by girlracer »

http://gonintendo.com/stories/252052-an ... a-on-march

the $29.99 is for Canada, these games will be $19.99 in the US
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Games becoming Nintendo Selects on March 11th

Post by Sarge »

And there goes Pikmin 3's resale value. ;)
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Will probably pick up Zelda Ocarina 3D and Super Mario All Stars from bestbuy if they get those in. With GCU it would bring it down to $15.99 if they are $19.99 retail.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Fantastic. I know collector's aren't crazy about this stuff, but I love to get my games as cheap as possible. Time to get Mario Galaxy 2.
Ghudda
128-bit

Post by Ghudda »

Yeah, I'm actually pretty excited for these to come out. I own most of them, but a lot of these titles just aren't as accessible as they should be. I'll definitely pick up Super Mario All-Stars for sure. Glad to see Pikmin 3 in that list.
B/S/TCollectionYouTube

test3
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I hate re-release packaging, always have, but I can't not but sit and laugh at the scalpers who are going to see the bottom drop out on Pikmin 3. Good luck finding some WiiU collectors willing to still pony up that much for the game with that as an option.

I doubt Mario Allstars will be so good though, no way they'll still include the extra content.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Don't have a Wiiu but I'm happy to see these games come out. Games like Zelda and pikmin3 people and GameStop way overcharged those games all the time especially the Nintendo selects on Zelda and punch out. Originally all 17.99 used now 27.99 used
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

It's bad that Super Mario All Stars is tempting, despite owning most of them on the WiiU eshop now, I just loved the upgraded graphics SMB1 and Lost Levels had. Same with SMB2 and SMB3, but those are available via the Advance games on the eshop too.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

The only ones I don't already own are the Mario Party and DKCR 3DS games. I am interested in DKCR 3D, but it's not like I didn't finish the Wii game. (Also it's not particularly hard to find)

I'm glad Pikmin 3 is getting reprinted. The price on that game is ludicrous. Sadly, these won't greatly dent most re-seller prices, because they are different editions. Sure, Pikmin 3 will probably drop from $70 to $60, or something, but it won't equalize with the Selects.
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

Cronozilla wrote:The only ones I don't already own are the Mario Party and DKCR 3DS games. I am interested in DKCR 3D, but it's not like I didn't finish the Wii game. (Also it's not particularly hard to find)

I'm glad Pikmin 3 is getting reprinted. The price on that game is ludicrous. Sadly, these won't greatly dent most re-seller prices, because they are different editions. Sure, Pikmin 3 will probably drop from $70 to $60, or something, but it won't equalize with the Selects.

I'd guesstimate that Pikmin will drop closer to $40-50 after some time. Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles both came back down to earth from $80 to that range after about a year after the gamestop reprints happened.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |