Rocket League (STEAM, PS4)

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
mjmjr25

Rocket League (STEAM, PS4)

Post by mjmjr25 »

Who has it?

I saw it on fast's want list, then saw a thread on another forum about it. It looks like amazing, fast, arcade fun.

If you have it, post your impressions.

I'd be down for some online steam play based on the videos i've seen.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Re: Rocket League (STEAM, PS4)

Post by Omerta »

Anyone who had PS+ on their PS4 should've downloaded it for free last month.

And yes, it's as fun as it looks.

Also heard a rumor that it either is or is going to be cross-platform (PS4 players vs PC players) but haven't looked into it. You may want to investigate that one, Mr. Mike.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

It is cross platform already.

I have been playing it quite a lot (Pro ranked on the 2V2 and the solo 3v3), I have unlocked everything and have all trophies but one because it was bugged, since been fixed and working on it.

The game is great if you play with buddies, but everyone following the ball like watching kids play soccer, gets old fast. The amount of times you get pumped out of the way, your goal intercepted, etc, by a team mate makes playing it with randoms really frustrating and more often than not that is how it goes down.

I am looking forward to the ranked season starting (all the ranked progression so far will start over).

If anyone has it from RB on PS4, drop me a PM.

EDIT: Also painful when people drop out of ranked matches, even with the patch update with 15 minutes bans, it still happens when your team is down even a goal.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I love Rocket League. It is probably my GOTY so far.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

forgot to add it to my wishlist, but yeah I've been keeping my eye on this. Brilliant idea for game.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

mjmjr25 wrote:I saw it on fast's want list

And now I feel violated...you also must have seen such masterpieces that your family would be interested in, such as as Vagante, Knights Squad, and Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Cdamm spoke well of it on another site, and he and I have similar taste in games usually so I added it to my want list. I get a heavy Rocket Jockey meets Metal Drift vibe from it, so I want to play it but at $15 a player that is a bit stiff for me right now. I will grab a 4 pack or 6 pack when they go on sale. Developer has announced that new maps are coming this month - so there will probably be a sale around then.
DonSilvestre
32-bit

Post by DonSilvestre »

Yeah it's currently cross-platform play between PS4 and PC, but you can only party up with people on the same platform. They are hoping to implement a solution soon that allows Steam players to party up with PS4 players. Will be very interesting to see how well/if that works. I can't imagine that you'll be able to chat with people on other platforms, but who knows.

I have it on PS4, and it's fantastic. It's excellent for 1v1 or 2v2 couch play as well.
"Let's attack aggressively." - Sully | The Don's Mancave
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

dsheinem wrote:I love Rocket League. It is probably my GOTY so far.

Yeah I hadn't even heard of it until Dave showed it to me on PS4. It's the perfect simple to play, difficult to master game.

I'm planning on picking it up on Steam when it goes on sale, if I can hold out that long.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

fastbilly1 wrote: I will grab a 4 pack or 6 pack when they go on sale.

Consider me in on this when it happens.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Just played this at lunch with a co-worker, it's pretty amazing. The physics and feel of the driving is pretty much perfect.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.