Curious about the Vita again

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Curious about the Vita again

Post by Tanooki »

There's a dude selling one for $120 (3g+wifi) along with a case and 2 games, maybe more, not sure.

I had one of these up until Gravity Rush arrived and sold it due to lack of anything to enjoy on it. At this point I don't buy download games on systems like that. Below is a list of things I once owned (mostly) with a * and others I had some interest in. But I was curious, is there any solid information out there currently about more physical purchases coming for it in the next 6-12 months, or am I wasting my time on a limited resource??

Lumines *
Uncharted *
Wipeout
Hot Shots Golf *
Touch My Katamari *
Ridge Racer
Gravity Rush

Tearaway
God of War Collection
LittleBigPlanet
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
Muramasa Rebirth
Dragon's Crown
Ys Memories of Celceta
Final Fantasy X
The Sly Collection
Child of Light
Akiba's Trip
Tales of Hearts R
Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F 2nd
Sayonara Umihara Kawase Plus
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Re: Curious about the Vita again

Post by Metal Jesus »

I recently got a Vita and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. However, the best source for new and upcoming games is: http://www.TheVitaLounge.net - Daily updates, plus their Podcast and e-Magazine. Check it out!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Interesting, never heard of this site before, I'll take a peek - thanks.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

So you're vi-curious?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Soldier Blue
128-bit

Post by Soldier Blue »

Stark wrote:So you're vi-curious?

:lol:
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Metal Jesus wrote:I recently got a Vita and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. However, the best source for new and upcoming games is: http://www.TheVitaLounge.net - Daily updates, plus their Podcast and e-Magazine. Check it out!

Nice, it's too bad(as far as i know) that you haven't covered that site or others that might be helpful to vita owners in a video(*hint* *hint* ). My only problem with the vita and what games we get all the good ones are online only for all the decent ones since I have never seen some of the rpgs and other games that've come our way(I really hope it keeps this japanese support we've been getting still for years to come since sony has all but really given up on the thing.....). Also Tanooki why is there no freedom wars on your list? I've heard good things about toukiden too(I've yet to crack open my copy...now that I've found my cord I might do so...eventually)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

The easiest way to keep up with any gaming system's releases is to go to GameRankings.com and intelligently use its browsing system.

For example, Vita:

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html ... r=&search=

A slight modification reveals upcoming release candidates:

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html ... r=&search=

I've been using that website for years to keep up with video game releases, and I've found nothing better yet.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Freedom Wars I watched a few minute of on video, wasn't quite sure it was something I'd enjoy or at least play for very long. It seems to be some tactical mosh up with action based stuff. The Toukiden game I was not really aware of, skimmed a review a moment ago, seems it's Monster Hunter without all the asinine harassing weapon making/repairing/sharpening and the god awful camera problems. That might be interesting.

As far as gamerankings.com goes, I forgot it existed. I didn't much care for it when it got started so I just put it out of mind.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

One factor you might wish to consider, is Vita Sony's last "pure" handheld? It would seem crazy to launch another platform when iOS and Android have the lion share of the mobile market. Based on that factor alone, the Vita might be worth getting since Sony won't (likely) be making any more handhelds.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Pulsar_t wrote:One factor you might wish to consider, is Vita Sony's last "pure" handheld? It would seem crazy to launch another platform when iOS and Android have the lion share of the mobile market. Based on that factor alone, the Vita might be worth getting since Sony won't (likely) be making any more handhelds.

Yet the 3DS is tremendously successful. You know why? Sytem-selling games. The big N has the Pokemon franchise. What's the must-have game for Vita? What's the one game that I absolutely need to buy a Vita just to experience?