Month of Horror V: the Seed of dsheinem & noiseredux

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Month of Horror V: the Seed of dsheinem & noiseredux

Post by noiseredux »

Can you believe it's been 5 years? In the beginning Dave hosted the horror games thread and I hosted the horror movies thread, but last year we condensed the two threads to make it a one-stop for horror gamers and viewers alike. This year we'd like to further encourage that this thread be your one-stop for all things horror for the entire month of October. Let's talk about scary movies, horror themed games, spooky sounds, show off our Halloween decorations, costumes and jack-o-lanterns and learn how to do the Transylvania Twist together.

Past threads can be found: here, here, here, here, here, and here.

To get the ball rolling, your creepy hosts will divulge their deepest, darkest secrets...

noiseredux:

A game I look forward to playing for the first time this month: Call Of Cthulhu Dark Corners Of The Earth
A game I look forward to replaying this month: The Walking Dead (I stopped after 2nd episode)
A movie I look forward to watching for the first time this month: You're Next
A movie I can't wait to rewatch this month: Lords Of Salem
An obscure movie I want everyone else to watch: The Banshee Chapter
My Halloween costume will be: No idea, I usually decide last minute.
And something else spooky I'm planning: Listening to horrorcore.

dsheinem:

A game I look forward to playing for the first time this month: I have no Mouth and I must Scream
A game I look forward to replaying this month: Deathsmiles
A movie I look forward to watching for the first time this month: Slither
A movie I can't wait to rewatch this month: House of 1000 Corpses
An obscure movie I want everyone else to watch: Maniac (1934)
My Halloween costume will be: "Grumpy Professor" [ed: same as every year]
And something else spooky I'm planning: checking out the American Horror Story show, finally

See also:
JT's Free Halloween Games - viewtopic.php?f=44&t=47489
jp1
Next-Gen

Re: Month of Horror V: the Seed of dsheinem & noiseredux

Post by jp1 »

I'd love to hear thoughts on I have no mouth and must scream. None of my friends had it back in the day, so I never got to share about it...otherwise I may have been labeled a sadist.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I'm going to try to beat Castlevania.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

noiseredux wrote:[awesome banner that somebody makes for us goes here]

Will this do?
month_of_horrorV.jpg
month_of_horrorV.jpg (93.68 KiB) Viewed 9165 times

A game I look forward to playing for the first time this month: Typing of the Dead
A game I look forward to replaying this month: Castlevania
A movie I look forward to watching for the first time this month: Cronos
A movie I can't wait to rewatch this month: Ginger Snaps
An obscure movie I want everyone else to watch: Dead of Night
My Halloween costume will be: No idea. Probably nothing more than whatever involves walking around the house in a cape.
And something else spooky I'm planning: Halloween Horror nights (or something similar) provided I can find a friend who won't flake out on me.
Last edited by Michi on Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nyukki
128-bit

Post by Nyukki »

Bela Lugosi likes your poster (and thinks that lady is smoking hot!!)
Weekend shmupper
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

An obscure movie I want everyone else to watch: Maniac (1934)

I actually watched this a few months ago. It was interesting for sure. I also learned that some MBM samples came from this movie. Always happy to find sample sources. :mrgreen:
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Nyukki wrote:Image
Bela Lugosi likes your poster (and thinks that lady is smoking hot!!)

Well of course he does. Elvira, Mistress of the Dark rules all!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Elvira is instant win.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Luke*:

A game I look forward to playing for the first time this month: The Shadow Hearts Trilogy, and all of Rule of Rose

A game I look forward to replaying this month: Bram Stoker's Dracula on sega CD. Love that game for some reason.

A movie I look forward to watching for the first time this month: It's been so long it will be brand new: DOLLS

A movie I can't wait to rewatch this month: Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original), Ghostbusters

An obscure movie I want everyone else to watch: Not too obscure: AUDITION

My Halloween costume will be: I have two, one undecided. I have to attend to the art museum event so I have to have one costume that isn't "offensive".

But for the Halloween parties I will attend I'll be dressed as Eddie Murphy's disabled war vet at the beginning of TRADING PLACES. I have the box with coasters, the hat, hooded sweatshirt, jacket, fingerless gloves, sign, glasses, the whole nine.

Might go as slender man for the museum event, which is a bit offensive, but people won't get it.

I really want to incorporate my missing hand "into" a costume, but always come up empty with ideas.

I mean, dressing up as Ash would be so fun, but I look nothing like Sir Bruce. And oddly enough, the only time I hide my hand is on Halloween. I usually stick in in my pocket or use gloves in some fashion.

Open to ideas I am.

*Do you want to keep all our lists in one ongoing post?
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Luke wrote:Might go as slender man for the museum event, which is a bit offensive, but people won't get it.

I really want to incorporate my missing hand "into" a costume, but always come up empty with ideas.

I mean, dressing up as Ash would be so fun, but I look nothing like Sir Bruce. And oddly enough, the only time I hide my hand is on Halloween. I usually stick in in my pocket or use gloves in some fashion.

Open to ideas I am.

I saw something today and after seeing your post it gives me an idea. It was a suite jacket with a handkerchief and one of those plastic rats poking out of it.

I'm sure you have a suite with a front pocket and a top hat (monocle optional). Wear the suite, put a plastic rat in the front pocket. Get some of the fake spider webbing and wrap it around the top hat, add spiders to webbing. Take an old, sacrificial handkerchief, add copious amounts of red paint, place it in left side pant pocket with half of it hanging out. Find some fake "moss", tape it into the sleeve of the other side of the shirt. Add makeup as desired. Viola, you are now The Curator.