Your Dream Fighting Game

Brawlers and Beatemups
Chaos Jr
8-bit

Your Dream Fighting Game

Post by Chaos Jr »

If you made a fighting game, what features would it have? Extremely balanced gameplay? A 40 character megamix? etc.

Eccentrically, I wrote and drew my idea and I upload it. http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/219/9/8/___The_Ideal_Fighting_Game____by_Miracle_Worker.jpg[/url]
Although, ignore the 40+ character list, I prefer a 20 to 24 character list now.
N64-Forever
8-bit

Post by N64-Forever »

I would have a huge all star game.Great for every possible what if fight.I would have charcters from capcom,nintendo,midway,tecmo,snk,namco and bandai,guity gear,sega,sqaure enix,konami,and hudson soft.That would just be video game realm then I would have marvel dc,star wars dragonball z transformers assort anime ,gundam, and lets of cool movie charcters etc rambo,robocop,termnatior,tony montana ,freddy krueger,alien,predator.I know this game would never happen

Btw ninja turtles and voltron
ubelaffe
64-bit

Post by ubelaffe »

Consoles:GB, Virtual Boy, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Sega Genesis+32x, Sega Saturn, Sega Sports Dreamcast, PS2+HDD+HD Advance, Xbox, XBOX 360
Chaos Jr
8-bit

Post by Chaos Jr »

ubelaffe wrote:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5208311714700987326

pretty much it in a nut shell.

Wow, the ending was pretty anti-climatic.
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

Post by grittykitty »

frankly i've grown tired of the crazy megamix fighters. my dream fighter would probably go back to the early 90's for inspiration - fewer characters, fewer special moves, SIMPLER. i think nowadays it's all way too flashy with little to no substance... not trying to sound like some grumpy old man or anything, but it feels like since the turn of the millenium, 2d fighters have basically been the same characters with different sprites. how many swift, hair-in-the-eyes, psuedo new-age samurai lanky japanese dudes does the world of fighting games need? damn, this has turned into a rant hasn't it? :? wow, i guess i'll just stop here
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

I just want a fighting game with realistic damage. I want to see the bruises and scrapes. If an arm breaks, I want to see their moveset affected by it. I've seen a lot of kung fu movies where a character will adapt to a handicap such as that, and I always wanted games to take note.
Funk, E
128-bit

Post by Funk, E »

Well, there's always Bushido Blade.
The Apprentice
128-bit

Post by The Apprentice »

I thought a pit fighter game would be awesome, sort of like a 2D under-the-top Virtua Fighter. Each of the characters' bodies would have three hit zones, head, body, and legs. There are no health bars, but your fighter staggers and limps as the fight goes on, untill one zone is too damaged and the fighter crumbles. Like a real fight, little is done in the air, just a tackle manuever. You know, I just realized that the more I try to make this sound realistic, the less fun it sounds to play.
Hatta wrote:Die Hard Arcade has Deep Scan in it. That's like retro inside retro. They must have heard we liked retro (dawg).
Jrecee wrote:What I like to do is knit little sweaters to put on the games.
Funk, E
128-bit

Post by Funk, E »

Sounds a little like the Fight Club game.
Droid party
Next-Gen

Post by Droid party »

Funk, E wrote:Well, there's always Bushido Blade.

I'll second that. Still one of my favourite memories of my highschool years is getting together with friends on the weekend and playing Tekken 3, Goldeneye and Bushido blade.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.