Game Sack - The Sony Playstation

Post game-related video clips here
Redifer
128-bit

Game Sack - The Sony Playstation

Post by Redifer »

This is a very requested episode:

The Sony Playstation

-It's our longest episode yet clocking in at 37 minutes(!)
-It has more stop-motion animation than any other single episode (and as always, shot at 5K resolution).

What are some of your favorite memories with the original Playstation console?
CavZee
Next-Gen

Re: Game Sack - The Sony Playstation

Post by CavZee »

Haven't watched the video yet, I'll get to it later. But....

The Playstation is probably my most cherished console. It's the time in my life where I really got invested in games as a whole and didn't just turn on a game or whatever to kill some time. I expanded my experiences with games into many different genres like RPGs, survival horror, and many others. To keep it short, the PS1 and it's library have largely defined who I am as a gamer even to this day.
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

saw it earlier on facebook.

Awesome episode!

you guys covered just a little bit of everything.

The Playstation is also one of my first consoles I truly started enjoying. I had borrowed gaming stuff from friends before, but they weren't mine, and I truly felt that the PS1 was something that was.

You covered many games that I owned and beaten at one time.

Especially Vandal Hearts! I love that game. Its one of the first RPG's that I beat. I still pop it in every once in a while to play it. Its not overly complicated and its a good game for a beginner thats getting into the genre.

Ridge racer was okay. I got the hang of the controls eventually too. One cool thing about this game and a few others, is the addition of customized sountracks! You said it yourself that the game fully loads to the console, so you can pop out the game cd and put in any audio CD and it will play while your game is playing. As long as you dont reset the console, and restart the level continously; your own music cds can be the BGM on this and other games. I remember burning at a friends house special music cds just for certain games. We made our own customized music for the game Vigilante 8 and Ridge racer.

I miss playing strider 2. I used to have that game. I played it a lot untill I got bored of it. And my teenage dumbass self sold it to some dude at a yard sale for $10. I have not seen another copy since. I dont want to go the amazon route. I dont want to spend that much money on it. I'll just have to make due with my burned copy.

I'll be waiting for part 2.

thanks for the vid!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

37 Minutes? Well there go all the viewers that don't have the patience to play longer games like RPGs. :lol:

I thought flipping over the earlier systems were more about letting the lens sled ride on the other side of the rails that likely hadn't worn down due to being made of plastic and their proximity to the warmth of the power supply? For the Point Blank situation there's also the SCPH 1160 that gives you composite jacks but you can still them plug in another cable in the end for the S-video. You could also use the PS2 aimed SCPH 10130 which gives you composite and S-video jacks as well as chaining another cable in the end.

Oh geez the end haha.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

Hobie-wan wrote:Oh geez the end haha.

Talk to me Redifer, about your sexual obsessions with the videogames
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
mister j-y
24-bit

Post by mister j-y »

Excellent episode again! The end...!
Systems: PS3, XBox360, Wii-U, New 3DS XL, DC, oXBox, GC (w/GB Player), PSP, DS, GBA, SNES, Megadrive, GB
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Now i want Alundra and Herc's Adventures :roll: , and both are PSone Classics on PSN for less than $10, HA!
CavZee
Next-Gen

Post by CavZee »

Is that really true about the discs being backwards with Strider 2? Does anyone know if all copies are like that? :lol:
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

CavZee wrote:Is that really true about the discs being backwards with Strider 2? Does anyone know if all copies are like that? :lol:

They are. I bought the game new around its release, and for a long time I thought it might've been just my copy, but they're all like that.
CavZee
Next-Gen

Post by CavZee »

pierrot wrote:
CavZee wrote:Is that really true about the discs being backwards with Strider 2? Does anyone know if all copies are like that? :lol:

They are. I bought the game new around its release, and for a long time I thought it might've been just my copy, but they're all like that.

Jeez, that's kind of hilarious and now I want my own copy. :lol:

And I just bought a copy of Alundra off of eBay. 8)