My humble/budget game room. *Updated 12/12/16*

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Nihilis

My humble/budget game room. *Updated 12/12/16*

Post by Nihilis »

Update 12/12/16:
Hey guys! Its been awhile since my last update. A lot has happened since the original post. Moved into a house, got married and adopted my wife's son, and had another kid! Our room had been taken over by our infant son until recently, so the collection had to be in storage for awhile. In the time between the original post and this one, parts of the collection have been sold/traded. No more Sega Genesis, N64, or Gamecube. :-(

Anyways here is the new set up(will get shots of my eldest son's room(Wii U and skylander collection) and the living room(PS4) later.

Front shot 1:

Front shot 2:

Front 3:

Front 4:

Poster shots and Side walls:

Now for the games. Starting from the top of the shelf table:

1st Shelf:

PS2 collection: Ace Combat 5, Ben 10: Cosmic Destruction, Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy 7, Devil May Cry 2, Devil May Cry 3, Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XII, GTA 3, GTA:Vice City, GTA: San Andreas Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Kessen III, Matrix: Path of Neo, Madden 2005, Rampage:Total Destruction, Star Ocean: Till the end of time, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Xenosaga, Zone of the Enders. Lost a few titles since last post and also gained a few:

2nd Shelf:

That's a Nintendo DS Lite.

PC games: Battlefield 4, Star Wars: Battlefront, Civilization 4, Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword, Fallout 4, Freelancer, Max Payne 2: The fall of Max Payne, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars EaW: Forces of Corruption, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars: KoToR 2, Sins of a Solar Empire, Skyrim: Legendary Edition, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Spore.
Not pictured(mostly on Steam): Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, Dark Souls, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition, Fallout 2, Fallout 3: Game of the year edition, Fallout: New Vegas, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Geometry Wars 3, GTA 4, GTA 5, Homeworld Remaster Edition, Masters of Orion 3, No Man Sky, Sid Meier's Civilization 5, Space Empire's IV Deluxe edition.
GAINED A LOT!!

Nintendo DS/3DS: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Super Smash Bros.
Not pictured: Too many to count. Will catalog later. This is a new area of collection for me since last post:

PS one: Chrono Cross, The Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy Origins(1&2), Final Fantasy Chronicles(4 and Chrono Trigger), Final Fantasy Anthology(5&6), FF 7, FF 8, FF 9, FF Tactics. Lost a few titles:

SNES:
Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario All Stars. Lost a lot from this section. :-(

3rd Shelf:
Strategy Guides(Skyrim, Fallout 4, FF 8)
Ps2 Slim, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo 3DS,

Gameboy/GBA games: Pokemon Silver, Double Dragon, Final Fantasy Legend III, Frogger, Spongebob Squarepants, Operation/Mouse Trap/SIMON:

4th Shelf: SNES

5th Shelf: PSOne

Desktop: Illuminated Keyboard, Gaming mouse, Flash Drives with files and games for Emulation. Remotes for TV and Lights for my PC:

My gaming PC with controller:

Side drawers with Subwoofer/ 5.1 surround controller and Joystick for PC.

So, I'm still working the collection and the wife even wants to help! She likes the idea of going to yard sales, Goodwill, etc to find hidden gems and treasures. So I will update as needed as we find stuff!

Original post:
My humble/budget game room. *Work in progress*
Hey there. I've been lurking on here for awhile, it was the game room article on the homepage that drew me to this site. Ever since then I've tried to get my collection all together in one place but something always prevented it from happening. Now, I've got my own apartment and I was able to salvage what was left of my collection. A LOT was lost over the years due to a number of reasons(Bills had to be paid, I was stupid as a kid and traded stuff in, etc etc). But now I've been able to piece a small part of it back to together thanks to my taxes and I feel comfortable in its size now to put it on display.

Here we go:
*I still have pics of old room. Will post on IMGur later*

I'll be posting updates periodically(new game, new furniture, etc, etc.) This website is Awesome!
And yes I know my TV is sitting on a plastic tote. ;-)
Last edited by Nihilis on Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
90's gamer and proud of it.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: My humble/budget game room. *Work in progress*

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Looking good!

What kind of TV is that in the first post?
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

I'm going to take a wild guess that it's a hdcrt XD
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Nihilis

Post by Nihilis »

I'm actually not sure. I bought it off a junk dealer for 10 dollars. I remember a couple people on here said that Sony Tritantrons were good for retro gaming, so when I saw this in the back of his truck, I threw my money at the guy and brought this bad boy home. No remote, but it has 2 AV cable hook ups, a S-video hookup, and a composite hookup.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Nihilis wrote:I'm actually not sure. I bought it off a junk dealer for 10 dollars. I remember a couple people on here said that Sony Tritantrons were good for retro gaming, so when I saw this in the back of his truck, I threw my money at the guy and brought this bad boy home. No remote, but it has 2 AV cable hook ups, a S-video hookup, and a composite hookup.

Nice, and yeah they generally are the recommended(at least from what I've seen). My grandmother even has one in the room i use at her house, and it's nice when I put the nes on it. I'm actually starting to hope that when I get the chance that the goodwills near me have one...That does look like a nice tv even if you don't have the remote for it...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

you're off to a good start.

And you have a nice big TV for all those classic games!

You have a first gen genesis! Those are nice too. Try to find an AV cable.

If you're lucky or just keep an eye out for it. RF is okay, but find a switchbox and hook them all up!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Nihilis

Post by Nihilis »

All of those systems are hooked up via AV switchbox. Nothing is hooked up with RF cables.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Looks good so far. Just get something a bit more solid to put that TV on so it's sure to be stable.

flojocabron wrote:You have a first gen genesis! Those are nice too. Try to find an AV cable.

I know they said they have an AV cable already, but Racket has them in the store, so don't have to try too hard. :wink:
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

Looks good man. Keep on collecting! :mrgreen:
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

Your off to a nice start!! Keep collecting :)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection