Steam hidden gems.

Post game-related video clips here
raztat
128-bit

Steam hidden gems.

Post by raztat »

I started a steam hidden gems series! Let me know what you think! Should I go into more detail and do less games a video or keep it about the same and squeeze more in? Your input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCXDWyxtPrY
Ghegs
64-bit

Re: Steam hidden gems.

Post by Ghegs »

Nice video, I have had Dark Void Zero for a long time and I think I've finished it on some difficulty but I've been meaning to go back to it. Also bought Super House of the Dead Ninjas during the summer sale, very cool stuff.
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

I can see the whole Hipster motif being something that will turn a lot of people away. Not trying to pick on it just a bit of a friendly observation I guess.

Anyway, I don't have any content inputs but I do have other suggestions.

Your sound needs a lot of work, your voice is really muffled and your background sound isn't mixed in very well. It is hard to hear what you are saying and then the gameplay video will sometimes burst over it even more, can be very grating on the ears. I'd also suggest shying away from just using the game's own background music and making a nice mix track of music from that game or related ones, makes things feel more interactive and upbeat.

Your speaking patterns also seems a little, shy maybe. Work on speaking out with good and confident enunciation.
raztat
128-bit

Post by raztat »

KDub wrote:I can see the whole Hipster motif being something that will turn a lot of people away. Not trying to pick on it just a bit of a friendly observation I guess.

Anyway, I don't have any content inputs but I do have other suggestions.

Your sound needs a lot of work, your voice is really muffled and your background sound isn't mixed in very well. It is hard to hear what you are saying and then the gameplay video will sometimes burst over it even more, can be very grating on the ears. I'd also suggest shying away from just using the game's own background music and making a nice mix track of music from that game or related ones, makes things feel more interactive and upbeat.

Your speaking patterns also seems a little, shy maybe. Work on speaking out with good and confident enunciation.

Thanks for the input. I only have a headset to record the voice over as of right now, its not the best in the world but I will upgrade in the near future once money is more expendable. The whole hipster thing is just a joke, I also collect a lot of music that no one has heard of and wanted to some how to combined the 2. I will see how it goes and in a few more episodes I may just drop the hipster thing and just go with hidden gems.

If I make background music should I play the game with audio turned off and then record a track from the game to lay over the footage? That would be the best way right?

Again thanks for the input. Its fun putting videos together, hopefully my videos will improve in the future.
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

Desktop mics made for chat/conference recording are usually better than headset mics in this regard and aren't very expensive. But a good live or recording mic through an interface is always the best option.

For background music you would just need to record and import your video as you always do. Then mute the audio track from those video files when in the editor of your choice and add a new audio track on its own. As for getting music you can either record it from a sound test screen or find the files out there on the internet. There are many sites that have large amounts of video game music hosted, for a lot of indie stuff on Steam a lot of devs will offer the soundtrack for download somewhere.