Confused about hacking iPod Touch 4G v6.1.3 Untethered

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
BitFaced
64-bit

Confused about hacking iPod Touch 4G v6.1.3 Untethered

Post by BitFaced »

I know I've already made a similar topic to this but I've updated to the latest iOS for the 4G iPod Touch and now want to rehack it. I'm preferably looking for it to be entirely untethered. It will either have to be a jailbreak for iPod Touch 4G v6.1.3 that's untethered or a downgrade to something like iOS v.6.1.2 but without SHSH blobs because I don't have any of those. I could deal with a semi-tethered/untethered jailbreak, as long as someone could explain to me how that extent works. I just basically want to know if at my position I'm entirely screwed or not entirely screwed if I want an untethered jailbreak for v6.1.3 4G iPod Touch without SHSH blobs. Thanks!
N64/NES/FC/SNES/SFC/GB (SGB)/GBC (Black)(SGB)/FDS/Satellaview/Genesis/Mega Drive/Master System & maybe N64DD/GBC/GBA.
indecks
Next-Gen

Re: Confused about hacking iPod Touch 4G v6.1.3 Untethered

Post by indecks »

I haven't kept up with iOS jailbreaking in a while, but go here: http://modmyi.com/jailbreak/

You should be able to click your device, iOS version, and Mac/PC. It should tell you if there's a jailbreak available, or what you can do.
BitFaced
64-bit

Post by BitFaced »

indecks wrote:I haven't kept up with iOS jailbreaking in a while, but go here: http://modmyi.com/jailbreak/

You should be able to click your device, iOS version, and Mac/PC. It should tell you if there's a jailbreak available, or what you can do.

Thank you very much! Oh wait...
NO CURRENT JAILBREAK
So am I completely screwed from this point onward or not, considering I have no SHSH blobs for anything?
N64/NES/FC/SNES/SFC/GB (SGB)/GBC (Black)(SGB)/FDS/Satellaview/Genesis/Mega Drive/Master System & maybe N64DD/GBC/GBA.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Just give it a while. The people who hack iOS on a regular basis usually come up with a tethered Jailbreak and then an untethered one. If you want your device to keep Cydia and all the other toys just don't update it next time or wait to update it when there's a stable Jailbreak released for your next version of iOS.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
BitFaced
64-bit

Post by BitFaced »

Omerta wrote:Just give it a while. The people who hack iOS on a regular basis usually come up with a tethered Jailbreak and then an untethered one. If you want your device to keep Cydia and all the other toys just don't update it next time or wait to update it when there's a stable Jailbreak released for your next version of iOS.

All we can do is pray. Which is unfortunate as I was going to go on my vacation in a few days but oh well. I guess a few things I'd be missing are Blutrol and certain Display Out but oh well.
One weird thing is that I had apps on there before (The Act, Shantae 2) that I can't find now for some reason.