Best iOS to update to for Jailbroken iPod Touch 4G?

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
BitFaced
64-bit

Best iOS to update to for Jailbroken iPod Touch 4G?

Post by BitFaced »

I'm thinking about updating my 32GB iPod Touch 4G to a certain iOS version so it can remain hacked but not remain having to be tethered to the PC on reboot and so it can actually play new iOS apps.

Currently: v4.3.5

Requirements:

-It must be a version that is hackable (obviously)
-It must be iOS 5 or higher
-It must be a jailbreak that doesn't need to be tethered on reboot.

May be worth mentioning that I don't use iOS emulators so putting more strain on the processor wouldn't be a worry on that front. If there is anything else worth mentioning about this change from v4.3.5 to >v5 then please let me know!
N64/NES/FC/SNES/SFC/GB (SGB)/GBC (Black)(SGB)/FDS/Satellaview/Genesis/Mega Drive/Master System & maybe N64DD/GBC/GBA.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: Best iOS to update to for Jailbroken iPod Touch 4G?

Post by SamuraiMegas »

6.0 to 6.1.3 was the best using http://evasi0n.com/
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
BitFaced
64-bit

Post by BitFaced »

SamuraiMegas wrote:6.0 to 6.1.3 was the best using http://evasi0n.com/

Thank you! :D Now I'd just have to unjailbreak my iPod Touch, back up my iPod and update it to iOS 6. I'll keep everything when I restore the back up to my iPod, right?
N64/NES/FC/SNES/SFC/GB (SGB)/GBC (Black)(SGB)/FDS/Satellaview/Genesis/Mega Drive/Master System & maybe N64DD/GBC/GBA.
BitFaced
64-bit

Post by BitFaced »

Also, how do I update it to iOS 6.1.2 because the latest one isn't supported by the jailbreak? I use downgrading software, right?
BitFaced
64-bit

Post by BitFaced »

So, I updated the iPod Touch 4G v4.3.5 to v6.1.3, with normal and Cydia backups (through xBackup). Now, how do I downgrade to v6.1.2 without SHSH blobs? Because I obviously wouldn't have those.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

BitFaced wrote:So, I updated the iPod Touch 4G v4.3.5 to v6.1.3, with normal and Cydia backups (through xBackup). Now, how do I downgrade to v6.1.2 without SHSH blobs? Because I obviously wouldn't have those.

Sorry, I never saw the other posts, I have no idea whatsoever. I updated to when it was new and jailbroke it...
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
BitFaced
64-bit

Post by BitFaced »

Oh. Well thanks anyway, I just hope I'm not screwed.