Persona 4 Arena

Brawlers and Beatemups
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Persona 4 Arena

Post by Snatch1414 »

I'm really enjoying this game so far, but I have an odd problem:

I can't pull off literally ANY move that involves two quarter circles on the Dpad (the Shoryuken from SF). I'm on the PS3 playing this, but I have pulled off this move a billion times on the PS1 in games like SF and Guilty Gear. For the life of me I cannot do it on the PS3 controller, even in training! This is the only thing preventing me from really getting engrossed into this game. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
TheRev
128-bit

Re: Persona 4 Arena

Post by TheRev »

ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

PlayStation d-pads are awful. One exception is the Vita.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

ZenErik wrote:PlayStation d-pads are awful. One exception is the Vita.

Awful Dpad or not isn't the problem here, but more on the OP's lack of proper execution, lack of correct info or even both. (D)ragon (P)unch motions aren't exactly performed with 2 "QC" motions (although yes you can technically perform DP's in such a lazy manner, especially back in the good ol' days where such a motion commnd wasn't overlapping additional commands). DP's in almost every fighting game are performed by the motions (F)orward, QCF ("Down+ Down Forward" to be precise). Think of it like performing a "Z" motion on the pad, sitck etc.
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

Yeah the only D-pad problem I have with the PS3 is the fact that it murder's my thumb.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

TheRev wrote:Yeah the only D-pad problem I have with the PS3 is the fact that it murder's my thumb.

Then play using an arcade stick. Can't say I've had your problem on a PS1/PS2 pad. As a matter of fact I loved playing Tekken 5 and 5DR at the local arcade using a PS2 pad controller.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

The Dualshock dpad is actually my favorite thing to play fighters with. I think the buttons are actually very smooth and movement glides along them very nicely. It's all a preference thing though.

I'm sure an arcade stick is ideal, especially for directional input, but I suck with them.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

brunoafh wrote:The Dualshock dpad is actually my favorite thing to play fighters with. I think the buttons are actually very smooth and movement glides along them very nicely.

Yeah, I'm with you. PS Controllers are more than adequate for me when fighters are concerned... although this is coming from someone who enjoys (and has absolutely no execution issues) playing games like Soul Calibur, MVC2, CVS, KOF series and MOW on a Dreamcast Controller.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I think it's more of a case that you guys have just gotten used to dealing with the PlayStation d-pad since it's been with us for so long, not that it's necessarily good for fighters :P .
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

Perhaps I spoke too soon. half circle back + Forward motions are getting difficult in Blazblue