Saturn Street Fighter Collection something is really off...

Brawlers and Beatemups
TheRev
128-bit

Saturn Street Fighter Collection something is really off...

Post by TheRev »

with SSFII X not so much SSFII

I mean besides the cropping on the screen, the music starting a split second too late and the fact there are load times (no matter how fast they are)

There's just one little thing that seems off I can put my finger on. Maybe somebody who knows better might beable to enlighten me.

Were these just ported from the PS1 version and dumped on the Saturn?
AppleQueso

Re: Saturn Street Fighter Collection something is really off

Post by AppleQueso »

CD AGES where are you?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

CD AGES wrote:My suggestion is get Street Fighter 2X on Dreamcast, and just send your unecessary Saturn version to noise.

:|
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

I'm not sure what happened with that port. There are all kinds of oddities. The colors are over saturated, the screen is stretched, and the AI is pretty dumb when compared to other versions.

Leave it in the case and stick with the other disc (SFA2 Gold).

Even more strange is that the Playstation port of SSF2X (also included with that system's SF Collection) was pretty damned solid. Probably a close second to the Dreamcast version.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

CD AGES where are you?

You rang :lol:

Rev, do me a solid. Play "Super Turbo" on disc 1. Playing at Turbo 3 (tournament speed) and play the game for a bit. Notice any wonky framerate an or slowdown during some of the games levels, Mexico, Hong Kong, Jamaica.

This release is easily one of the worst ports to hit the Saturn right next next MSH.
Last edited by CD AGES on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Doubtful. A lot of these issues aren't present on the PS1 version. Heck, Even the PS1 port of Alpha 2 Gold has an improved intro sequence with additional touches not seen on the Saturn.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

noiseredux wrote:
CD AGES wrote:My suggestion is get Street Fighter 2X on Dreamcast, and just send your unecessary Saturn version to noise.

:!: :?: WTF :!: :?:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

CD AGES wrote:
noiseredux wrote:

:!: :?: WTF :!: :?:

remember? You said that... that time? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge? :lol:
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

CD AGES wrote:
CD AGES where are you?

You rang :lol:

Rev, do me a solid. Play "Super Turbo" on disc 1. Playing at Turbo 3 (tournament speed) and play the game for a bit. Notice any wonky framerate an or slowdown during some of the games levels, Mexico, Hong Kong, Jamaica.

This release is easily one of the worst ports to hit the Saturn right next next MSH.

I haven't noticed so much on Mexico or Hong Konb but when a Round starts in Jamaica
it takes the game a few seconds to realize what speed it's on.

wip3outguy7 wrote:I'm not sure what happened with that port. There are all kinds of oddities. The colors are over saturated, the screen is stretched, and the AI is pretty dumb when compared to other versions.

Leave it in the case and stick with the other disc (SFA2 Gold).

Even more strange is that the Playstation port of SSF2X (also included with that system's SF Collection) was pretty damned solid. Probably a close second to the Dreamcast version.

YES, I noticed this too The game is on Dumbass mode or something.

My litmus test for is this a good SSFII Port is... "how do Cammy's boobs look." and here while they bounce and Bounce somewhat smoothly they don't look as smooth as they do in the arcade version.

It looks like I'm getting the PS1 version of this and MSH while I look for a good Playstation 6 button Pad. (the Nuby pads SUCK I have 2, and the Saturn PS2 pad is quite rare..)

CD AGES wrote:

Doubtful. A lot of these issues aren't present on the PS1 version. Heck, Even the PS1 port of Alpha 2 Gold has an improved intro sequence with additional touches not seen on the Saturn.

Besides The fact it has load times, I have no issues at all with Alpha 2 Gold.

I almost wonder why I even have this, I have the Alpha collection for PS2 albit without a decent pad to enjoy them with. (Again those Nuby pads SUCK)
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

Ok I just did a complete play through with Ken............

NEVER NEVER have I lost so many times because the game was glitching out. The game does all sorts of "screw you over" things during the fight with Claw. Half the time I did a Shoryuken it would not come out.

After I beat the game it said something along the lines of congrats you unlocked something and it has to do with the L and R button. What's that? Since it's the Japanese version I have no idea what I just got.

I dunno.. I was hoping to encounter Gouki but that Claw fight was brutal