Crazy speed run in Dustforce

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
J T
Next-Gen

Crazy speed run in Dustforce

Post by J T »

This guy named Mark van den Broek did this insane run of the new ultra-hard level in Dustforce. It's amazing to watch this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Se8IxMqK80

If you haven't played this game, just so you can appreciate what you are watching, you have to keep your momentum by running on walls and ceilings. You can double jump, and you can jump more after that if you manage to hit a block. He is chaining together hits with bonus jumps in the long segments where he never hits the ground. He's also sweeping up all the dust to get a perfect SS rank on this insanely hard level that he says took him about 7 hours just to get this stage down.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Re: Crazy speed run in Dustforce

Post by Menegrothx »

Watching that reminds me of Donkey Kong Country Returns speed runs
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
equalsign
Next-Gen

Post by equalsign »

This game has an amazing soundtrack. Buying the game as part of the HumbleBundle lands you the OST too, just FYI :wink: .

Listen to it here:
http://lifeformed.bandcamp.com/album/fastfall
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I just picked up the indie bundle. And after clunkily making it through the first stage. . . 7 hours of practice couldn't get me through that level.

I'll have to find time to play the game more, but so far I think it's a bit over complicated. The three separate actions seemed too much, at least with the default control scheme. It'd probably play a lot better with a controller.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

People who will never be doing that: me.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Jrecee wrote:I just picked up the indie bundle. And after clunkily making it through the first stage. . . 7 hours of practice couldn't get me through that level.

I'll have to find time to play the game more, but so far I think it's a bit over complicated. The three separate actions seemed too much, at least with the default control scheme. It'd probably play a lot better with a controller.

The controller support is not very good.

But I agree, there wasn't a need to have two sweeping attacks. It should've been just one. Plus jumping and dashing... They could've eschewed dashing and emphasized momentum and double jumping. But it's still a great game.