Persona 4 Arena

Brawlers and Beatemups
MrPopo

Persona 4 Arena

Post by MrPopo »

So yeah, that just came out today. I played a little of it. I'm really happy they left the JP voices in; after watching the anime I prefer those voices. Holy crap, the fighting system is pretty crazy. This is not just BB with the P4 characters. You've got a decent auto combo and one of your two persona attacks can combo (hit, followup style). And your persona is unlinked from you. You can summon your persona to attack and then leap in with regular attacks, sort of like how Carl/Nirvana works. But the flip side is your opponent can knock out your persona by hitting it enough while it's out. While it's down you can't use persona attacks, which includes most (if not all) of your specials. The lateral movement is kind of slow; it reminds me of Arcana Heart 3, only there's no homing button.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Persona 4 Arena

Post by noiseredux »

how many playable characters are there Popo? I was looking pretty forward to this, but since it's coming out so close to DOA5, and I'm a bit more excited about that, I'm thinking I'll be waiting to get P4A until it gets down to the $30-ish range.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:how many playable characters are there Popo? I was looking pretty forward to this, but since it's coming out so close to DOA5, and I'm a bit more excited about that, I'm thinking I'll be waiting to get P4A until it gets down to the $30-ish range.

Having played all 3...

P4A>Tekken Tag 2>DOA5

And noise, you seriously need to get that PS3 fight night thread up and running again, minus the focus on strictly budget titles.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Pre ordered this but won't have it until next week. Not sure when I'll have time to play it. The announcement of a BlazBlue sequel means that I'll be playing Continuum Shift Extend. And AquaPazza will be on my doorstep in a few weeks along with Project Diva f.

Still, I look forward to eventually playing this game because it's from ArcSys. :)
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:
Having played all 3...

P4A>Tekken Tag 2>DOA5

I doubt I'd agree with this personally. P4A and DOA5 are very different styles. But I'm a fan of DOA series, and a fan of ArcSys games so there's very good chance I'll like both in different ways. I haven't cared for Tekken much since the original trilogy. I didn't like the first Tekken Tag, and I didn't like the recent(ish) Tekken 6, so I don't have much reason to think I'd like Tag 2.

And noise, you seriously need to get that PS3 fight night thread up and running again, minus the focus on strictly budget titles.

I'd prefer to just pass the torch and let someone else run it. I'd probably actually participate and have fun with fighting games if someone did so.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

You have the 7 party members of P4, 3 party members from P3, two new characters for the game, and the bonus boss from P3. So 13 overall.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
AppliCotton
16-bit

Post by AppliCotton »

Eh, I dont know. The second I saw BB I was in love, and P4 just isn't doing it for me like that. Also, I'm deep into learning BB, and I don't want to switch games.

Anybody know what's up with the xbla/psn Guilty Gear release? Summer's more than halfway over, and there's no info anywhere about it, let alone a date. That'll be my next one, until CP, of course
1. Guilty Gear
2. Dimahoo
3. Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
quintorro
32-bit

Post by quintorro »

I WANT to get this game but there are too many upcoming games that I'd rather have.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

alright, this is what's funny... I went on a long rant yesterday about not being interested in the story-mode of BlazBlue, but strangely all the reviews I've read of P4 Arena's storymode have me kind of intrigued haha.

Honestly, I'm dying to play this game but I kind of feel like I'll be waiting for it (and DOA5 most likely) to dip to around $40 before picking them up. Maybe.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

noiseredux wrote:alright, this is what's funny... I went on a long rant yesterday about not being interested in the story-mode of BlazBlue, but strangely all the reviews I've read of P4 Arena's storymode have me kind of intrigued haha.

Honestly, I'm dying to play this game but I kind of feel like I'll be waiting for it (and DOA5 most likely) to dip to around $40 before picking them up. Maybe.

What I read indicates that P4A's story mode is VERY similar to BB. Might as well play BB story mode while you are at it. :P Helps give a different perspective on things, and it is actually not bad at all. For a fighter is it quite good. Which may not be saying much..
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo