Prequel to Waku Waku 7?

Brawlers and Beatemups
racketboy
Site Admin

Prequel to Waku Waku 7?

Post by racketboy »

marurun, which one were you referring to?
marurun

Post by marurun »

RB,

The game you mentioned in the post, Galaxy Fight, which is an unofficial prequel to Waku Waku 7 (in that it's a Sunsoft fighter that predated Waku Waku 7,) was released on both the Neo Geo and the Saturn. In fact, it had a US release on the Saturn. It wasn't a very broad release because it's hard to find, but it did reach US shores on the Saturn.

In addition to Galaxy Fight, it's worth noting that there are a couple other games on the Saturn that could be added to your mediocre fighter list, including Groove On Fight, by Atlus, which is the 3rd game in the Power Instinct series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Instinct) and the only one on the Saturn. It's Japan only. If I think of any others I'll post them.

Oh, and just to make things easier for your forum members, I think you should have a new forum category called Retro Blog Comments or something of the sort. Add a new post in that category every time you make a new Retro blog entry with a link to the entry, and that way forum members can comment and offer additional details/comments/corrections without spamming your Blogger comment list.

I've been a Sega Saturn owner/importer for WAYYYYYYYY too long. Can you tell?
marurun

Post by marurun »

Oh, thought of another fighting game for the "Less than impressive" list at the end. Dark Legend. Very poor Data East fighting game. I owned it briefly. I deliberately "lost" it. Was known as Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty in Japan. Sucked balls.

Another one is Fighters History Dynamite: Karnov's Revenge. Another sucky Data East stinker.