Soul Calibur V

Brawlers and Beatemups
Runefaust
64-bit

Soul Calibur V

Post by Runefaust »

Starting this thread off with awesome news!
As if I wasn't excited enough for this game...

Ezio Auditore da Firenze (Assassins Creed II, Brotherhood, Revelations) has made it onto the stage of history!

Check out the link for the reveal video!
Source

Surprisingly, it turns out the game is scheduled to be released very soon in January 2012!
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Soul Calibur V

Post by CFFJR »

HahahaHAA! That is so fucking awesome!!

Just one more reason for me to be excited about this game.

I'll say it before it comes up: I don't care what anyone says, I love guest characters.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Ack

Post by Ack »

CFFJR wrote:I'll say it before it comes up: I don't care what anyone says, I love guest characters.

I don't, particularly in Soul Calibur's case, because they've all tended to have terrible balance issues with the rest of the cast.

That said, this one makes more sense than just about any character they've ever had as a guest, so I'm ok with it.
Runefaust
64-bit

Post by Runefaust »

Ack wrote:...this one makes more sense than just about any character they've ever had as a guest, so I'm ok with it.

I concur, Ezio fits very well with the rest of the cast.

Dampierre, quite possibly one of the most comical characters I've ever seen in a fighter, has been officially announced. The link to the video isn't working for some reason; check out Gametrailers for the official character reveal video.
Yancakes
64-bit

Post by Yancakes »

OH GOD YES I AM SO VERY, VERY HAPPY RIGHT NOW.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

IV was the last SC game ever for me, unless the series is seriously (heh) revamped and the fan-servicing toned down a bit. It's become embarrassing. That being said I'll get the soundtrack, because they put actual effort into that aspect.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Runefaust
64-bit

Post by Runefaust »

Pulsar_t wrote:IV was the last SC game ever for me, unless the series is seriously (heh) revamped and the fan-servicing toned down a bit. It's become embarrassing. That being said I'll get the soundtrack, because they put actual effort into that aspect.

The game has been revamped to compete with the faster paced fighters that are dominating the scene. Soul Calibur V already plays very differently than any of its predecessors. And since when does anyone ever complain about fan service!?
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Runefaust wrote:
Pulsar_t wrote:IV was the last SC game ever for me, unless the series is seriously (heh) revamped and the fan-servicing toned down a bit. It's become embarrassing. That being said I'll get the soundtrack, because they put actual effort into that aspect.

The game has been revamped to compete with the faster paced fighters that are dominating the scene. Soul Calibur V already plays very differently than any of its predecessors. And since when does anyone ever complain about fan service!?

When there's Voldo fan service?
Runefaust
64-bit

Post by Runefaust »

isiolia wrote:
Runefaust wrote:

When there's Voldo fan service?

Oh... Hmm... ... least they try to appeal to a wide variety of fans, I guess, lmao!
Runefaust
64-bit

Post by Runefaust »

Oh yeah, new fight stick has been announced for Soul Calibur V: Source

It's going to be treated with the edge bezel that the Chun-Li Mad Catz TE stick had, but it's going to feature the Namco NOIR panel layout which is similar to the Astro City Sega cabs (six button ergo layout). Also stainless steel screws for the buttons because apparently some people were having rust issues with their sticks.