Fighting Is Magic... Do YOU Care About This Game?

Brawlers and Beatemups
NeverGoBak
32-bit

Fighting Is Magic... Do YOU Care About This Game?

Post by NeverGoBak »

Well, a game based on the MLP: FiM show is getting a fan-made fighting game, it's still pretty far off apparently, but it looks like a lot is getting put into it. I have one question about it though.

Does anybody who doesn't like the show care? I mean, sure, it looks like a quality title, and sure, playing Kirby games really isn't any worse. Sure, it does have great graphics and great music, but is anybody outside the fandom going to pay this game any attention?

Apparently there is going to be one non-pony character, so if you fancy, you could just beat the shit out of ponies with a griffon or something. Or play for the general novelty of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSlnZxvi37s
http://www.ponychan.net/chan/collab/res/8661.html#8869
Current Consoles: SNES, GBC, Game Cube, Nintendo DSL, Wii, N64, PS2
Past Consoles: PS1, X-BOX, GBA

FAV Franchises/Games: Sonic The Hedgehog, Lock's Quest, Legend of Zelda, Megaman Battle Network, Mysims, Plok(SNES), Kirby, Ristar, Sly Cooper, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Smash Bros, Okami, Tekken, Super Mario, Wario Land, Golden Sun, Streets of Rage and Elite Beat Agents.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Re: Fighting Is Magic... Do YOU Care About This Game?

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Veno
128-bit

Post by Veno »

Surprisingly, it looks like a competent fighter. But I'll be staying away, because I really hate kids brands like this one. Looks nice, but can't get past the pony thing.
PSN: Viewtiful_Ryan
Ack

Post by Ack »

Veno wrote:Surprisingly, it looks like a competent fighter. But I'll be staying away, because I really hate kids brands like this one. Looks nice, but can't get past the pony thing.

That's a shame, as Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition was actually a solid game.
NeverGoBak
32-bit

Post by NeverGoBak »

Ack wrote:
That's a shame, as Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition was actually a solid game.

I may only have had 5 fighting games for SNES, but that was my favorite of the bunch. I guess that's saying a lot considering I had Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers, Mortal Kombat 1/2, Killer Instinct and TMNT: Tournament Fighter :lol:

There's a reason that game is in the overlooked gems of the SNES article I suppose.

FAV Franchises/Games: Sonic The Hedgehog, Lock's Quest, Legend of Zelda, Megaman Battle Network, Mysims, Plok(SNES), Kirby, Ristar, Sly Cooper, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Smash Bros, Okami, Tekken, Super Mario, Wario Land, Golden Sun, Streets of Rage and Elite Beat Agents.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

That "trailer" needs to be redone with Guile's theme (Sonic Boom). The funniest ponies videos I have seen had that music (two of them).

Ivo.
NeverGoBak
32-bit

Post by NeverGoBak »

Ivo wrote:That "trailer" needs to be redone with Guile's theme (Sonic Boom). The funniest ponies videos I have seen had that music (two of them).

Ivo.

Then we wouldn't be able to hear that awesome original tune though.

Besides I know plenty of YT pony videos that are way funnier than those.

lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

WANT SO BAD. It animates smoothly, has gorgeous graphics straight from the show, is going to have a healthy roster of 18 characters, online play, user mods, and voice chat is even rumored to be added later! The game will be free, but even if it wasn't, I would buy it.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
NeverGoBak
32-bit

Post by NeverGoBak »

So it seems only fans of the show are really interested?
That's what I suspected :P .

lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Everyone should at least try it out when it is released. Looking at the development updates, it is shaping up to be a very sophisticated and nuanced fighter. Why can't people look past the fact that it stars ponies? I thought we would all be mature enough to look past the stigma of the show (or game) to at least try it.

Also, everyone already knows what Rainbow Dash's hyper attack will be. ;)
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^