NBA Video Games Online Meet-Ups and Discussions

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

NBA Video Games Online Meet-Ups and Discussions

Post by sevin0seven »

Before i was a member of Racketboy, i was a very active member of a basketball forum. so with that in mind, i've decided to create this thread for basketball video game sims and arcade! I have to admit, i've played more baskeball games than any other game genre in my retro gaming life. i use to love Bulls vs Lakers/NBA Showdown series (though they didn't age very well over time). NBA Live series was my favorite and is what got me into modding games, collecting, etc.

Online Meet-ups:

Sims Basketball:
NBA 2K12 (Wii, 360, PS3)
retrosportsgamer (PS3)
sevin0seven (PS3)

NBA Live 2010 Series (Wii, 360, PS3)
sevin0seven (PS3)

Arcade Basketball:
NBA Jam (360, PS3)
sevin0seven (PS3)
retrosportsgamer (360)

NBA Jam On Fire Edition (XBL, PSN)
sevin0seven (PSN)
dsheinem (PSN)
mjmjr25 (PSN)
retrosportsgamer (PSN)
SpaceBooger (PSN)
ZenErik (PSN)
flex wood (PSN)
Weekend_Warrior (XBL)
Last edited by sevin0seven on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: NBA 2K/Live/Elite/The Inside Series Thread

Post by ZeroAX »

I just got the new NBA 2k10. I've been following the series since NBA 2k9

The only sports game I play (at least simulation game).

Do you have any tips about realistic sliders? Also some "basketball strategy" guides
cause I'm a casual fan, and the game is so realistic, you need to know what you are doing. I don't even understand what the called plays mean.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

ZeroAX wrote:I just got the new NBA 2k10. I've been following the series since NBA 2k9

The only sports game I play (at least simulation game).

Do you have any tips about realistic sliders? Also some "basketball strategy" guides
cause I'm a casual fan, and the game is so realistic, you need to know what you are doing. I don't even understand what the called plays mean.

this guy has a very good slider for 2K11: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... -qrts.html

when you play basketball sim, try to play a team game and with great all around defense (always look to rebound, block and steal). on offense don't let one of your player (or superstar) hog the ball too much, play five on five basketball. basketball is all about team game and it works really well on basketball sim and it will go a long way when you play someone online. most people i play online like to use the cavs and let LJ hog the ball too much. since i know where the ball is going all the time, playing defense is easier and i beat them easily. :wink:
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

2K Sports has just revealed that NBA 2K11 will be available in 3D for the PlayStation 3 beginning in January 2011.

The publisher is also teaming up with Best Buy
to deliver a 3D sampling at retail stores beginning on Nov. 16.

All current owners of the game will be able to download and upgrade their game for free via the PlayStation Store when it becomes available.

:shock: ... too bad i don't own a PS3, so i guess i'll be going to Best buy to try out the demo instead. :roll:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I really like the 2K series. I still play 2K3 on GameCube actually.

When you mentioned modding, is there any NES games that are still ROM-hacked with updated rosters similar to the way Tecmo Bowl is still kept alive?
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

noiseredux wrote:I really like the 2K series. I still play 2K3 on GameCube actually.

When you mentioned modding, is there any NES games that are still ROM-hacked with updated rosters similar to the way Tecmo Bowl is still kept alive?

i believe there is a 2005 roster mod for Tecmo Basketball for NES. i was also working on a NBA Live 96 roster mod for genesis rom, but lost interest on finishing it.. :lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

sevin0seven wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I really like the 2K series. I still play 2K3 on GameCube actually.

i believe there is a 2005 roster mod for Tecmo Basketball for NES. i was also working on a NBA Live 96 roster mod for genesis rom, but lost interest on finishing it.. :lol:

interesting...interesting...
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

noiseredux wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:

interesting...interesting...

if your interested i could send you the Tecmo Basketball 2005 roster rom hack copy.. :wink:

..and if you want to hack the roster of NBA Live 96 i could give you the tools for it. :)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

sevin0seven wrote:
if your interested i could send you the Tecmo Basketball 2005 roster rom hack copy.. :wink:

..and if you want to hack the roster of NBA Live 96 i could give you the tools for it. :)

coool. The Tecmo NES game really intrigues me cuz I've always been fascinated by the Tecmo Bowl roster updates.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

NBA Elite 11 Officially Cancelled

During the company's earnings call, Electronic Arts Chief Financial Officer Eric Brown confirmed that NBA Elite has been canceled. The franchise will press on, however, with development shifting from EA Canada to EA Tiburon.

well you know what that means, NBA LIVE 10 lives on for another year (of patches) :P