The copy of Radiant Silvergun that got away!

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
braisedbatjuice

The copy of Radiant Silvergun that got away!

Post by braisedbatjuice »

Around this time last year I began to bid on a NEW, boxed and sealed version of Radiant Silvergun on ebay. I whacked on a top price of around £60, left it and hoped for the best, not really holding much (or any) confidence that I might win. As it happened, I did! I asked for the postage details and waited. I was quite astonished at my luck!
A few days pass, and I have no reply. I search the game again out of curiosity and notice that the same seller has auctioned another
brand new copy?! I message him again, but still no answer. I manage to catch his on MSN and he informs me that he has reauctioned the game, without informing me!!
His excuse was that it was his first sale and that he didn't realise he had to leave a reserve. Bullshit I thought...
I could have busted his ass legally but im not that petty, and i haven't got that much time on mt hands....

But damn! I thought it was too good to be true!

i'd have some guys offering me their wife if I had that copy! lol
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

um, why not bust his ass? That's not petty. He isn't following the rules of eBay.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

If I ever backed out on a sale, I would fully expect the buyer to sick ebay on my ass. I'd encourage it. That's just how it works. You should have went after him.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Mozgus wrote:If I ever backed out on a sale, I would fully expect the buyer to sick ebay on my ass. I'd encourage it. That's just how it works. You should have went after him.

Most definitely.
braisedbatjuice

sure, but i couldn't bust him for taking my money because he didn't... surely any further action would have had to go as far as court, or a tribunal?!
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

braisedbatjuice wrote:sure, but i couldn't bust him for taking my money because he didn't... surely any further action would have had to go as far as court, or a tribunal?!

No just bad feedback on his account, and possible punishment administered from ebay of some sort.
braisedbatjuice

Mozgus wrote:
braisedbatjuice wrote:sure, but i couldn't bust him for taking my money because he didn't... surely any further action would have had to go as far as court, or a tribunal?!

No just bad feedback on his account, and possible punishment administered from ebay of some sort.

well he certainly got bad feedback... :twisted:
Cerulean
64-bit

Post by Cerulean »

Yeah you should have busted him. its his fault for not leaving a reserve. did he give you a rating as well?
braisedbatjuice

Cerulean wrote:Yeah you should have busted him. its his fault for not leaving a reserve. did he give you a rating as well?

no he didn't leave me anything... i guess he had already deleted me by the time i had left him a negative.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

Definately would report him as well.

The people I hate most on ebay though. The 'South African rich guy" who 'buy it now' your videogame consoles to be shipped to "his daughter in private school in India". I get them every time I'd put a console up. It would bug the shit out of me, I don't care if 1 of the 10 were telling the truth. The way they go about the shipping and the money and GRRRRR. And I have to relist, sometimes pay to relist because it's the 3rd time!

Hate them!

HATE EM!
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers