Disc Swapping Question for Pal Saturn

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
kryptonick

Disc Swapping Question for Pal Saturn

Post by kryptonick »

First of all, HELLO and THANK YOU to everyone here. It was through racketboys main site that I found this site, and also learnt how to perform the disc swap trick. But now I have a few problems and could really do with some help. I have already asked on the sega xtreme forums, but the activity here seems to be better, and which site better to use than the one that got me swapping discs in the first place :D

I have a model 2 saturn, round buttons etc and have taped down the little switch thats needed. I can disc swap fine when I burn games that I downloaded from a site that states "Every Games on this page are fonctional only with a European Saturn." I'm not sure on the rules here yet, so I won't link the site. I bought the 4 in 1 action replay/ram/memory cart, swapping discs with games that require the ram addon works fine, again following the awesome instructions on the main page. The things that havent worked yet, i'll list, as I'm not sure they are related or not.

1. When I try to play Panzer Dragoon RPG (japanese import of Saga) i get to the action replay menu ok, I then select start game, press A again to start game, a message appears saying "please remove cartridge" a few seconds later it goes to th CD player which states "cartridge unsuitable for this system". The game I'm using isnt a backup, its a legit purchased copy.

2.I downloaded Command and Conquer, whenever I try to use them the drive doesnt seem to move as it would on other discs, I cant hear the noises i wait for to disc swap, the saturn goes to the cd player, no error message appears, it seems just to read it as an audion CD. It extracted to a BIN and CUE and some MP3 files, to burn it i just opened the cue in nero and burnt it at the lowest speed setting as I do with all my saturn games.

3. When I burnt earthworm jim 2 (again BIN, CUE and MP3s, burnt using same method as above) and tried to play it, the saturn goes to the CD player and the message is "game disc unsuitable for this system". If I try swapping it with the Action replay cart in, the same message appears.

I know I'm doing the swaps at the right time, I have managed to get it down, both with or without the action replay. I wonder if it's the region of the burnt games, but I expected the action replay to make the saturn play any region of game.

thanks for your help
kryptonick

Post by kryptonick »

I got earthworm jim o work, i patched the region, very nifty :D i'll probably just copy panzer dragon and patch the region on that so it works too.