SEGA CD syntax error

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
gar3

SEGA CD syntax error

Post by gar3 »

Hi all - Quick question cause I just can't figure it out on my own, I'm afraid. I have an ISO of a SEGA CD game and a single WAVE. I create a cue sheet as per SEGA Cue Maker but when I go to burn it I get "syntax error at "FILE" missing Eof." It's happened to me on another title as well. I'm at a loss as to what I might be doing wrong since I followed the SEGACD.org instructions exactly as written. Any ideas for this lost soul? Any help would be appreciated.
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

Just sounds like a bad image tbh.
gar3

Post by gar3 »

Wow, thanks for the super-fast reply :)

See, I don't know about that though. On my Apple iBook I can burn the ISO and it works fine in my model 1 SEGA CD unit (I can never get WAVEs or MP3s to burn together with the ISO via any application on my iBook).

Now I'm testing out the same ISO and WAVE on my wife's Japanese IBM ThinkPad. Again, I can burn the ISO itself just fine and it works on the model 1 SEGA CD unit, but when I try and create a cue file and burn it that way I get the whole "missing Eof" bit :?
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

Where again are you getting your iso files? This great place called underground gamer is great and you should get all of them perfectly. It's a torrent place, so make sure you understand how to do those...
gar3

Post by gar3 »

I downloaded the same game's ISO files from both Emucation and CoolROM and had trouble with a created CUE sheet from both websites. I will give Underground Gamer a try though just to be safe/sure. Thanks again for your assistance. I'll report my findings.
gar3

Post by gar3 »

Anybody have a spare invite they'd like to donate to me over at Underground Gamer so I can check it out :D
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

gar3 wrote:Anybody have a spare invite they'd like to donate to me over at Underground Gamer so I can check it out :D
ya. Just PM me your email addy. Also, most if not all of the ISOs from those two sites end up being corrupted and bad.