Emu Talk Goes Here
Jubal
64-bit
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:42 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Xbox mod advice

by Jubal Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:13 am

ok so i have finally gotten serious about modding my xbox Version 1.4

looking at getting the Duo X2 chip, Avalaunch +Qwix dashboard, prolly Evox M8 Bios
Putting in a 300 Gig drive, tho im still shopping some help to do the soldering here local...

who here has modded their box? How did you get it done? any advice on my setup?

-Jubal-
User avatar
little witch boy
24-bit
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:34 pm
Location: gallup NM

by little witch boy Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:30 am

good luck trying to get that answerd, man. Ive tried that question before.
Ive gotten links here and thair but wind up with web sites only a rocket scientist would understand.

or

Ive bin told to just find some one who mods xbox-is, and i have had no luck finding them eather.
the easy way out for me was to buy a scan converter. lots of heap big luck, Man.
Knowing is half the battle. :lol:
iT feEls Like tHERe’s a cAt sCrATcHiNg aT mY bRAin.
ravenmgs
24-bit
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:13 am

by ravenmgs Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:22 pm

you may as well soft mod if you are going to use something as crappy as a duo. If you are going to buy a chip get one worth buying. I would recommend a Xecuter 3CE.
Jubal
64-bit
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:42 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

by Jubal Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:59 pm

>I would recommend a Xecuter 3CE.

looks like the Xecuter 3CE goes for about $55, Duo X2 is going for $15

what does the Xecuter 3CE do that the Duo X2 doesnt?

from my surfing the xbox-scene forums I see the Duo gets good reviews for those that are on a budget. Im not worried about running LCD screens or any such, which i know the duo wont do.


anyhow thanks for the help!

-Jubal-
ravenmgs
24-bit
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:13 am

by ravenmgs Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:21 am

Jubal wrote:>I would recommend a Xecuter 3CE.

looks like the Xecuter 3CE goes for about $55, Duo X2 is going for $15

what does the Xecuter 3CE do that the Duo X2 doesnt?

from my surfing the xbox-scene forums I see the Duo gets good reviews for those that are on a budget. Im not worried about running LCD screens or any such, which i know the duo wont do.


anyhow thanks for the help!

-Jubal-


You can go to any website that sells them and compare the features.
User avatar
Niode
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7835
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:34 pm
Location: UK

by Niode Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:42 pm

It's only on 1.6's that you have to worry about. You're using a 1.4 so any cheapmod should suffice.
Jubal
64-bit
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:42 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

by Jubal Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:58 pm

devilmyarse wrote:It's only on 1.6's that you have to worry about. You're using a 1.4 so any cheapmod should suffice.


thats what i figured, I did a bit of compairing and DuoX2 looks like it will do what i need.

thanks for the help!

*thinks it might be easier to learn to solder, than to find an installer here local* hehe
User avatar
Niode
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7835
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:34 pm
Location: UK

by Niode Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:27 pm

It'll most likely be cheaper too! Plus being able to solder is a great skill to have!

At the end of the day the mod-chips sole purpose is to change the bios. You could make a mod-chip to do that from scratch for less than £10.

BTW will you be using Xbox live by any chance? If you are you will need to install a mod chip that supports a button switch. (basically use the eject and power buttons to disable to the chip so that you can play live games without microsoft snooping your chip out :P) If you aren't gonna even dream of using Live then just go n get the chip you were thinking about getting. At that price sounds quite reasonable. Would be great if it supported flashing of newer bios as well. That isn't really necesary though really.
ravenmgs
24-bit
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:13 am

by ravenmgs Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:06 am

devilmyarse wrote:It'll most likely be cheaper too! Plus being able to solder is a great skill to have!

At the end of the day the mod-chips sole purpose is to change the bios. You could make a mod-chip to do that from scratch for less than £10.

BTW will you be using Xbox live by any chance? If you are you will need to install a mod chip that supports a button switch. (basically use the eject and power buttons to disable to the chip so that you can play live games without microsoft snooping your chip out :P) If you aren't gonna even dream of using Live then just go n get the chip you were thinking about getting. At that price sounds quite reasonable. Would be great if it supported flashing of newer bios as well. That isn't really necesary though really.


The higher end mod chips have built in FTP, MIRC ect.. servers and clients on board, which needless to say if you are going to be putting games on your HD this is invaluable.
User avatar
racketboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9344
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Location: Michigan

by racketboy Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:33 pm

wow -- I'm learning a lot now.
I've thought about getting a Xbox.

How good are they at playing xvid file that are either on the HD or on a networked machine?
Return to Emulation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests