Sega Genesis - I have the worst luck

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
americankgb
16-bit

Sega Genesis - I have the worst luck

Post by americankgb »

So I found the box for my sega genesis v.1 last week. I was really excited to pop it open and start playing but then I remembered that the ac adapter was toast. Finally after a week of waiting I got a new adapter from my friend in DC. Then just now I go to open my sega box to bust out some old skool gaming goodness but to my surprise there are no games in the box. It just occurred to me that all of my old games are probably in my dad's government storage space and that I probably won't see them for about another 10 years. This totally bites.
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Sega Genesis - I have the worst luck

Post by racketboy »

americankgb wrote:So I found the box for my sega genesis v.1 last week. I was really excited to pop it open and start playing but then I remembered that the ac adapter was toast. Finally after a week of waiting I got a new adapter from my friend in DC. Then just now I go to open my sega box to bust out some old skool gaming goodness but to my surprise there are no games in the box. It just occurred to me that all of my old games are probably in my dad's government storage space and that I probably won't see them for about another 10 years. This totally bites.

I may have it worse. I have lots of great games, but I can only find my broken Genesis (controller port blown out) and not my working one...
americankgb
16-bit

Post by americankgb »

That is pretty damn bad :P
risk
16-bit

Post by risk »

hows this one? i got around 10-30 catridges. all the ac/av hookups + controllers. yet i dont own a single genesis console anymore. heh. i threw out like 3 of them years ago.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I can get complete gennys for around $20 - $25. That's before I ship them to somebody, however. But if anyone is REALLY desperate let me know and maybe I can hook you up.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Zork
32-bit

Post by Zork »

At least you didn't let your younger siblings borrow your Genesis or Saturn and when you break them back out you notice a lot of controllers or games are broken or missing...worst day ever...
evildragon
8-bit

Post by evildragon »

racketboy wrote:
americankgb wrote:So I found the box for my sega genesis v.1 last week. I was really excited to pop it open and start playing but then I remembered that the ac adapter was toast. Finally after a week of waiting I got a new adapter from my friend in DC. Then just now I go to open my sega box to bust out some old skool gaming goodness but to my surprise there are no games in the box. It just occurred to me that all of my old games are probably in my dad's government storage space and that I probably won't see them for about another 10 years. This totally bites.

I may have it worse. I have lots of great games, but I can only find my broken Genesis (controller port blown out) and not my working one...

you know, i can "try" and fix that controller port for you.. my model 2 and model 1 had bad ports and i knew exactly what the issue was on them.. i could do the same for you, free too (since it's the holidays)...

if you're interested, PM me and let me know, i'll see what i can do..
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

evildragon wrote:
racketboy wrote:

you know, i can "try" and fix that controller port for you.. my model 2 and model 1 had bad ports and i knew exactly what the issue was on them.. i could do the same for you, free too (since it's the holidays)...

if you're interested, PM me and let me know, i'll see what i can do..

I might have to take you up on that...
evildragon
8-bit

Post by evildragon »

racketboy wrote:I might have to take you up on that...

ok cool, just let me know, and i'll do it.. only thing, since im in a budget problem right now (im trying to save up so i can visit my GF), you'll have to pay for shipping both ways, but i'll charge no labor at all...

i will also test the genesis, and make sure they work perfectly...

if you know how to solder, you can try it yourself though... the main problem, is that the solder joints on the controller ports, get cracked, and can no longer complete a circuit...

what i planned to do, is heat up each joint, and allow it to reflow, remove, then add fresh new solder to it..
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

evildragon wrote:
racketboy wrote:I might have to take you up on that...

ok cool, just let me know, and i'll do it.. only thing, since im in a budget problem right now (im trying to save up so i can visit my GF), you'll have to pay for shipping both ways, but i'll charge no labor at all...

i will also test the genesis, and make sure they work perfectly...

if you know how to solder, you can try it yourself though... the main problem, is that the solder joints on the controller ports, get cracked, and can no longer complete a circuit...

what i planned to do, is heat up each joint, and allow it to reflow, remove, then add fresh new solder to it..

Ok, I'll have to weigh it an a box and see how much shipping will run me :)