41%
Sega Dreamcast
38%

Total votes: 37

Zork
32-bit

Favorite Sega Console

Post by Zork »

I've noticed there wasn't the obligatory "Favorite" topic in here, and I'm curious since this crowd seems like a varied bunch. So here we go. Which console was your favorite and give your reasoning. Of course I'm not including those old Sega Computer things, I forgot the name of them, and they were only released in Japan right? I'm also counting the Sega CD and 32X as seperate consoles.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Dreamcast. Genesis a close 2nd.
risk
16-bit

Post by risk »

tough one, ive owned all their major consoles before. i would also have to say dreamcast followed by genesis.
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

Post by grittykitty »

the versatility of the dreamcast can't be beat!
bawitback
64-bit

Post by bawitback »

guess
Zork
32-bit

Post by Zork »

My favorite was the Saturn and still is. It's mainly because I'm a big fighting game fan, especially of Capcom's games and there were a lot of AM2 games on there that I really liked, Nights also played a big part in this decision. After Saturn comes Dreamcast and Genesis, followed by the Sega CD. 32X is bleh mostly for collecting in my view, and I never really cared for the Master System, of course there were certain conditions at the time that held back it's potential, but...the past is the past.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

It's all a very close race
1) Dreamcast - like mentioned above, it's very versitile, has a great selection of 2D shooters, fighters, 3D arcade ports, and unique/quirky games
2) Genesis - it had an impressive library that is very well-rounded. Has some of the best sports games, IMO too :)
3) Saturn - almost a tie with the Genesis just because of its great 2D lineup and Nights Into Dreams.
marurun

Post by marurun »

While I loved the Dreamcast, the Saturn takes it for me. There was such a variety of great games on it if you include Japanese titles. I had mine import (but not CD-R) modded in 1997, so I've been playing the heck out of it since then. I'm a 2D gaming nut and the Saturn owned that realm. In fact, I'd say the Saturn might well be my favorite console ever, and if not, tied with the PC-Engine for that spot.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

Saturn. That's the only one I own, and will prolly stay that way til my NES and SNES library bulk up.

Actually, the SG-1000 and 3000 had limited releases in australia as well.
DCAllAmerican
24-bit

Post by DCAllAmerican »

Too damn hard for me man.

Saturn - introduced me to the Fire Pro Wrestling series which is easily the best series of wrestling games ever born

Dreamcast - still in love with Crazy Taxi 2 and will be until the day I die. Also Marvel vs SF was the love of my life for all those years too.

Genesis - I was more of a SNES dude and used to fight with dudes in school about SNES being better than Genesis

So it is a flip of the coin between Saturn and DC