Zombies ate my neighbors remake

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Zombies ate my neighbors remake

Post by sevin0seven »

There is one game that I wish and deserved a remake. It's Zombie ate my Neighbors. This is probably one of the best one or two player games I ever played during the Golden Age of Video Games (Yes, the 16 bit wars). The sequel Ghoul Patrol did not do this classic justice, nor that Herc's Adventure for PS1. Damn you Lucas Arts, why did you have to take this game away from Konami. Konami already did a remake of Contra Rebirth and now Castlevania Adventure Rebirth is coming soon. Anyway here's a Fan remake version of the game in both 2D and 3D style:

http://www.thatsgames.com/games/zombies/main.php

I'm excited, can't you tell?
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Dylan
Next-Gen

Re: Zombies ate my neighbors remake

Post by Dylan »

Wow, this whole remake thing is getting popular. And repeatedly punching holes in my wallet.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

ZAMN is one of the best games ever. I hate to be that guy, but I was the only one in the neighborhood that owned this game for my Genesis. As a whole neighborhood we attempted to beat this. It didn't matter who was around, as long as someone was there we continued to play through the levels.
Oh, and Hercs Adventure is a fun game. Its the first game my wife and I played together on the Saturn when we were dating.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
HellHammer
64-bit

Post by HellHammer »

As someone who owns both the SNES and Genesis versions in the box, I agree with everything said.

And I woke up today at around 8 in the morning to see if Castlevania Rebirth would be released...maybe next Monday.
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

What a huge game this is. I never got very far without my game genie.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

I think I made it to a giant spider boss... Can't remember anything after that. Awesome game though! I have the SNES version, but I'm always tempted to grab the Genesis one when I see it.
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

Post by dedalusdedalus »

That was an awesome game.

Also, it was difficult enough that I felt justified beating it using save states.
Zeonik Freak
64-bit

Post by Zeonik Freak »

God... how i love this game.

I am all up for a remake on this game. I first got into it (as far back as i can remember) when i would go to some kids apt after school and he had it for the sega genesis and i remember playing it pretty much for about a couple of weeks (because apperently one day the kid and his mom disappered, its part of apt complex living, some of the people i hung with were gone with out telling me, and most of that was due to them moving out or going to live with thier step parents or something) and at that time with me having a SNES, i wanted that game. Well, christmas 96 rolled around, and i got it (along with SimCity when SNES games at target were priced down to 9.99 at the time), spent a mess load of time during my christmas break playing that game. I moved north of charolette summer of 97 and i met some more people there and me and this one guy would spend most of our summers playing this, wwf royale rumble and other stuff.

The highest ive ever gotten on this game if i start from lv 1 is to lv 20 with the snakeoids, it takes like forever to beat them. I let my friend borrow the game and he told me he beat the level after like an hour of shooting the snakeoids and got the skull key. Jezuz, the LucasArts people wanted to make that a level that time consuming, which kinda makes it all the more fun as long as you got enough firepower to beat a snakeoid... :lol:
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

My best run was I got to the Spider boss from level 1. Then I ran out of all the good ammo.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

not only this game was cool (and hard), but the 16 bit soundtrack is unforgettable.

Check out the remix from OCremix:
http://www.ocremix.org/game/344/zombies-ate-my-neighbors-snes/remixes

It rocks! 8)

Also, this just in:

Zombies Ate My Neighbor coming to Virtual Console?!
For a few years, LucasArts has been receiving numerous requests for the SNES and Mega Drive game Zombies Ate My Neighbors to be added to the Virtual Console. The game focuses on a pair of teenagers attempting to rescue their neighbors from zombies, mummies, aliens, vampires, and numerous other movie monsters. The game has over 55 levels, a great soundtrack and is HIGHLY addictive. The weapons you can use range from squirt guns to flamethrowers (not to mention some crazy items like Pandora’s Box)! So be on the look out for the release on the Virtual Console. Nintendo updates the Virtual Console every Monday, so we’ll be sure to let you know the day it’s released in our Nintendo Download segment. Since LucasArts recently released their Super Star Wars series on the Virtual Console, Zombies Ate My Neighbors will most likely be the SNES version.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here