Light guns Light guns light guns

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
GamerMON
Next-Gen

Light guns Light guns light guns

Post by GamerMON »

My girl friend came up with a great idea of putting my light guns on the wall to show them off. I am a few light guns NES Zapper, SNES Super Scope, 2 Nuby Saturn (has the port for ps1 but does not have guncon mode), and one Nyko Ps1 (looks identical to the Nuby). What is an easy and effective way to mount them and while still being able to take them down and use them.
MrPopo

Re: Light guns Light guns light guns

Post by MrPopo »

I'd say something like coathooks would work well. Space them in the proper spots on the wall and use the right ones and you'll have an attractive presentation. If you want to go a cheaper option then just use some nails.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Lokkenjawnz
128-bit

Post by Lokkenjawnz »

Uhhh...a gunrack? lol

Actually, that's not a half bad idea. Who wants to check prices?
My Want List!

Consoles: Sega Master System, NES Toploader, Genesis/32X, Sega CDX, SNES, 3DO FZ-1, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PS2, Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox Halo Edition, Wii, PS3
Handhelds: Atari Lynx, Sega Nomad, Neo Geo Pocket Color, GBC (Atomic Purple, Pokemon Edition), GBA (Pink OG, Silver SP, Spongebob SP+), DS (Phat, iXL), 3DS, PSP (1000, Go)
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

I vote for mannequins in Charlie's Angels poses.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
nickfil
Next-Gen

Post by nickfil »

the best solution is going to be dyi. I've been thinking about the same thing for a long time and every time I always arrive back at the conclusion that i need to build something myself. I would really love all my loose guns mounted in black foam hidden behind a picture frame or something similar.

there are a few handgun racks out there that won't cost a lot, but they arn't exactly super attractive and some won't have space for cables, or look good at all with cables.

You can probably find something similar to this next one at a hardware store. At least, if it isn't exactly like it- something close enough to work. Nails hooks or pegs in a board would be similar.
scrotumwound
32-bit

Post by scrotumwound »

J T wrote:I vote for mannequins in Charlie's Angels poses.

+1
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

nickfil wrote:I would really love all my loose guns mounted in black foam hidden behind a picture frame or something similar.

I like the way you think.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
crux
128-bit

Post by crux »

I have something like twelve light guns, not counting anything on Wii, so a nifty storage system would be nice, but what to do with cords and the monstrous Super Scope and Silent Scope rifle? I'd need a robust rifle rack as well.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I use one of those plastic, hanging shoe racks for all my controllers, and it works great for my zapper and Sega Menacer. The pockets are big enough that only the longest rifles wouldn't fit.
crux
128-bit

Post by crux »

Well, when I said nifty, I specifically meant something that looks as cool as game guns on a gun rack. I've got a multitude of ideas when it comes to just general storage.