My new Game room/Music room/Office

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
porkchop87
8-bit

My new Game room/Music room/Office

Post by porkchop87 »

Ok, so I finally completely renovated a kids room into my own personal game room, guitar room, and office for things like graphic design/time wasting. It took months to get it the way I want it and there are still things I would like to do. The walls are pretty bare and I'd like to have a few posters/frames up. Right now, I have a The Thing movie poster framed that you can't see in these photos. I left out a few things out of these photos like my other guitar, my amp, my mirror, closet, etc.

It's a small squared room, and I tried to make the most of it. Thank you Ikea.

I'm going to leave captions under each photo.

My computer desk with a dual monitor. That second monitor also doubles as a screen for my Gamecube and PS2. Also in this picture is my 500gb HD in the background and my Wacom Bamboo tablet for drawing in Photoshop.

Here's the behind the scenes. On the left is the component to VGA converter. In the middle is a component switch, so I can switch between my Gamecube and PS2. To the right is the 500gb external HD.

The monitor in action displaying PS2 with Metal Slug Anthology. The game looks a lot better than it looks on this monitor than what you can tell from this photo.

My Gamecube, lavalamp and PS2.

On the other side of the room, I have my shelves, my fan and my pride and joy: an Epiphone Les Paul. My most cherished thing in this room.

A closeup of the bookshelf. I will go into detail as to what's here down the thread.

Closeup of DVD/CD tower. From left to right: Contra Shattered Soldier, DBZ Budokai 3, God of War, Max Payne, MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, Metal Slug Anthology, Resident Evil Outbreak, Resident Evil Code Veronica, RE4

From left to right: Sonic Mega Collection, Spawn Armageddon, SF Alpha Anthology, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

From left to right: Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Power Tennis, SSBM, Mario Party 5, MGS The Twin Snakes, Bomberman Generation, Pac-Man Vs., SW Rebel Strike, RE Zero, RE, RE 4

From left to right: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, NFS Underground 2, Ghost Recon for PC, Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, Spawn animated series (awesome btw), GH 2, GH 3... even though I don't own an Xbox 360.

From left to right: Fifa 99, MGS VR Missions, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, NFS Hot Pursuit, RE Directors Cut, RE 2, RE 3 Nemesis, SF Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo, Twisted Metal 3, WCW Nitro, WWF Attitude.

From left to right: Command and Conquer for PC, Medal of Honor PA for PC, Battlefield 1942 for PC, Wolfenstein for PC, Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Warcraft 2 (thin case).

Small portion of my music collection. The better stuff is either in my car or in my bedroom. Still some decent albums here, Soundgarden, Disturbed, Foo Fighters, Prodigy, Nas, etc.

White comic book box is filled with tons of Spawn/Witchblade comics. I'm a huge Spawn fan. Bodybuilding books and magazines, Slash autobiography, Choke, Stripper Lessons. I don't read much... novels were gifts, but I did read everything you see there.

N64 games, iPod, Gamecube component cable box, few other boxes.

So that's it for now... I have more pics but I was unsure if it would be too much. I also have a HUGE DVD and Blu-ray collection but that's all in the basement where my home theater is. I also own a PS3 and have a few games for it, but that's also in my basement. I'm a Sony fanboy so I own all Sony systems including the PS1 and PSP. Those are stored away in my closet though. I'm also a big RE, SF, Contra, and MGS fan. But who isn't? Please leave me some comments and questions! 8)
Last edited by porkchop87 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
General Chaos
128-bit

Re: My new Game room/Music room/Office

Post by General Chaos »

Clean, functional. That's what I like--good job.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

Nice and neat.

Props on getting a Gamecube Component cable as well.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

General Chaos wrote:Clean, functional. That's what I like--good job.

Yeah, same here.. very nice 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I spy component cables for Gamecube. :D
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I envy you for having a Gamecube component cable. I wish I could find one on the cheap.
samuraifez
8-bit

Post by samuraifez »

Nice room! I agree with everyone, clean and functional is the way to do it.

And funny enough, my roommate just finished up that Slash book today. :lol:

What are the chances of that!
NSBAceAttorney
24-bit

Post by NSBAceAttorney »

Of everything in that room, I want the Les Paul the most lol!
porkchop87
8-bit

Post by porkchop87 »

General Chaos wrote:Clean, functional. That's what I like--good job.

Dakinggamer87 wrote:Yeah, same here.. very nice 8)

Thanks, I obviously set it up a bit for the photos, but more often than not, I try to keep it all simple and clean.

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Nice and neat.

Props on getting a Gamecube Component cable as well.

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:I spy component cables for Gamecube. :D

samsonlonghair wrote:I envy you for having a Gamecube component cable. I wish I could find one on the cheap.

Yeah, thanks. Video-game-wise, it's probably the rarest thing I own. I'm fortunate enough to have owned a Gamcube that supports component cables and to have the component cable itself. It really does make a difference when playing games.

samuraifez wrote:Nice room! I agree with everyone, clean and functional is the way to do it.

And funny enough, my roommate just finished up that Slash book today. :lol:

What are the chances of that!

The book is awesome, great read for any Guns N' Roses fan.

NSBAceAttorney wrote:Of everything in that room, I want the Les Paul the most lol!

And you can't have it, I'd give everything in that room away before I had to give my Les Paul. :D
It's truly an amazing guitar...
scrotumwound
32-bit

Post by scrotumwound »

what the above people stated i wholeheartedly agree with :mrgreen: