Do you put your non-Steam games in your Games List?

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms

Do you put non-Steam games on your Steam game list?

Yes
58%
No
11%
I just use the Windows Games Explorer
11%
I dont have Steam
21%

Total votes: 19

RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Do you put your non-Steam games in your Games List?

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Just another poll I thought I might take. I certainly do, just so much better than the games explorer and its nice to have ALL games in 1 place. I really hate how native Steam games wont even show up in the Games Explorer. Plus you cant even add your own games to it without editing the registry. Steam in my opinion is the best games service out there.
Last edited by RyaNtheSlayA on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
the7k
Next-Gen

Re: Do you put your non-Steam games in your Games List?

Post by the7k »

Yeah, for a while I had Kega Fusion, MAME, Perfect Cherry Blossom, I'm OK, and a few other doujin and/or freeware games all in Steam.
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

I just start all my games from the command line. That way I don't have to go anywhere, or look for any icons or anything. Just pop open a console, type the name, and play. Navigating a GUI is a waste of time.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
fast
Next-Gen

Post by fast »

Depends on the game. If I play something alot with friends, yeah, Ill put it on steam or xfire. But if I only play it passingly by myself (or it is singleplayer) its not worth the hassle. Now either perfected the chat in game with no slowdown or pissed off resolutions (I do multimonitor and when a chat box comes up it throws it all to one monitor then back to two) well they will get my time.
PharmaceuticalCowboy
64-bit

Post by PharmaceuticalCowboy »

Hatta wrote:I just start all my games from the command line. That way I don't have to go anywhere, or look for any icons or anything. Just pop open a console, type the name, and play. Navigating a GUI is a waste of time.

LOL really? And you respect console gamers? Sorry, you just sound kind of arrogant.
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

PharmaceuticalCowboy wrote:
Hatta wrote:I just start all my games from the command line. That way I don't have to go anywhere, or look for any icons or anything. Just pop open a console, type the name, and play. Navigating a GUI is a waste of time.

LOL really? And you respect console gamers? Sorry, you just sound kind of arrogant.

There really isn't anything arrogant about being efficient.
Haruspex
16-bit

Post by Haruspex »

No, i just use the shortcuts in the desktop.
Xonticus
128-bit

Post by Xonticus »

Eh I can understand the use of a command line to access stuff, hell I do it all the time. But do not underestimate the power of a well though out GUI. Depending on the game or O/S (but I'm assuming most of us are Windoze users), the GUI is perfectly fine. Sometimes it can be a hassle going from directory to subfolder and then back again to get from one place to another, where as you might have a couple icons on a desktop that is only 2 or 3 clicks away.

It's all about how fast your fingers are typing or clicking, and how fast the game/folders open up graphically or just textually. No real right or wrong way, unless you are completely one-sided and wont budge ;-)
Got: Atari 2600, Atari 7800Pro, Commodore 64, Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, NES, Genesis Models 1-3, Nomad, Game Gear, Sega CD Model 1, Sega 32x, SuperNES, GameBoys, GameBoy Pocket, GBC, Sega Saturn Model 2, GBA, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2 Slim, Nintendo DS Lite, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS3 Slim
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Stuff I buy in Steam stays in the Steam window, everything else I either launch through the Windows game explorer or the Start Menu. It's like how your room might get. The outside observer might call it disorganized, but you know where everything is, so you can instantly get to whatever you need.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Jayson
64-bit

Post by Jayson »

I dont usually keep many games installed at a time (most are on Steam anyways), but I do have a few non-Steam games that I have added to the Steam games list. World of Warcraft, Company of Heroes, STALKER.

All of my emulators are stored in a "Emulators" folder on my desktop. Each folder inside are different systems/arcade . It's pretty efficient that way and I never have a problem finding the game I want to play.