modding a japanese ps2

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
madtapes

modding a japanese ps2

Post by madtapes »

Just picked up one of these http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-o-4 ... -2sfa.html and I want to put a modchip in it so I wont have to worry about region problems (and so i can play "back ups"). I'm thinking of getting a ChipMod Pro+ 2.0, but I figured I'd better make sure it'll work in a japanese region ps2. I assume it would, but I am hoping that some one can tell me definitively if it will.

thanks in advance
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: modding a japanese ps2

Post by GSZX1337 »

Get this and download this.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
BigTinz
128-bit

Post by BigTinz »

That's a gorgeous system, congrats.

However...putting a mod chip in a ps2 is one of the most tedious and dangerous mods you can do, not to mention it's pointless(due to HD Loader/HD Advance).

Unless you are a soldering master and extremely patient, I would advise against putting a mod chip in that ps2. Are you familiar with HD loader?
madtapes

Post by madtapes »

GSZX1337 wrote:Get this and download this.

Looks like a good setup, but it costs twice as much. I'm still considering it, but I don't see anything on the website about it bypassing region locks. Do you know if its capable of it?

BigTinz wrote:That's a gorgeous system, congrats.

Thanks! I'm pretty pumped about it.

BigTinz wrote:However...putting a mod chip in a ps2 is one of the most tedious and dangerous mods you can do, not to mention it's pointless(due to HD Loader/HD Advance).

Unless you are a soldering master and extremely patient, I would advise against putting a mod chip in that ps2. Are you familiar with HD loader?

HD loader involves using an external drive doesn't it? If so I'm kind of against it as my hope is to be able to just straight up play burned disks with no fuss. I currently have a ps2 fat with a fliptop and MagicSwap disks. That set up works perfectly, but I've grown too lazy to fuss with boot disks.