Definitive Fighting Game Versions!

Brawlers and Beatemups
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Definitive Fighting Game Versions!

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

CD AGES wrote:
CD AGES had a crazy long post about how X-Men COTA is actually better on the Ps1 verison.

Correction. It was its sequel MSH, I wrote my review for and not COTA.

viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=32&t=39800

I also firmly believe ST (found on SF Collection) on PSX is significantly better than its saturn counterpart.

With regards to DOA, the Xbox release found on Ultimate trumps both versions.

Your comparisons are very thorough, and I respect your opinion on these issues very much. Accordingly, I must ask...what is the best console version of COTA?

EDIT: Also, your username is "SEGA DC" in reverse. Is this a reference to your favorite console?
Last edited by prfsnl_gmr on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

CD AGES wrote:
CD AGES had a crazy long post about how X-Men COTA is actually better on the Ps1 verison.

Correction. It was its sequel MSH, I wrote my review for and not COTA.

viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=32&t=39800

I also firmly believe ST (found on SF Collection) on PSX is significantly better than its saturn counterpart.

With regards to DOA, the Xbox release found on Ultimate trumps both versions.

YOU

OUT

I don't care how many times you stomped me in Tekken Tag. OUT!! (Joking btw.. just pointing that out people on OTHER forums can't tell when I'm joking and when I'm not...)
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Your comparisons are very thorough, and I respect your opinion on these issues very much. Accordingly, I must ask...what is the best console version of COTA?

EDIT: Also, your username is "SEGA DC" in reverse. Is this a reference to your favorite console?

Thank you for your encouraging words. To be quite honest, I find it a bigger priority to settle the dispute between both US and JPN versions of COTA available for the Saturn. vlame has stated that the JPN version is superior on account of it having a RAM cart mode which obviously doesn't apply to the US version. I've heard this claim before elsewhere so I thought it would be most lucrative to find out for myself post haste. After borrowing a friends JPN version (i only own the US SAT version), I cannot find any substantial claim about this RAM cart mode being available in the JPN release. It does not recognize any such accessory nor can i find an option in the game that will in fact support it in such a manner (If someone could prove otherwise, I'd be happy to hear from their experience). With that said, after playing both versions on the Saturn, I find that both releases perform exactly. The only benefit I see for the JPN version is that all those pesky front end screens are absent (US version takes forever to go into gameplay on account stupid Acclaim, Marvel Comics and Capcom logos), thus the game transitions into the title screen rather quickly.

Yup! very much so :wink:
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

TheRev wrote:YOU

OUT

I don't care how many times you stomped me in Tekken Tag. OUT!! (Joking btw.. just pointing that out people on OTHER forums can't tell when I'm joking and when I'm not...)

:lol: No worries! I recognized the moniker but couldn't put finger as to where... :lol:

I had no idea you hung out in these neck of the woods. Good to see ya :wink:
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

CD AGES wrote:vlame has stated that the JPN version is superior on account of it having a RAM cart mode which obviously doesn't apply to the US version. I've heard this claim before elsewhere so I thought it would be most lucrative to find out for myself post haste. After borrowing a friends JPN version (i only own the US SAT version), I cannot find any substantial claim about this RAM cart mode being available in the JPN release. It does not recognize any such accessory nor can i find an option in the game that will in fact support it in such a manner (If someone could prove otherwise, I'd be happy to hear from their experience). With that said, after playing both versions on the Saturn, I find that both releases perform exactly. The only benefit I see for the JPN version is that all those pesky front end screens are absent (US version takes forever to go into gameplay on account stupid Acclaim, Marvel Comics and Capcom logos), thus the game transitions into the title screen rather quickly.

OBJECTION!
"4mb"
box covering cyclops - "O 4mb"
also it was sold in a big box, see attached

do this to test it:
copy the game to an iso
patch it for english
load the game in a chipped saturn with no cart inserted.
does it work? yes- you are in ramless mode
no? -try it with a 4mb ram cart.
Attachments
$(KGrHqMOKpoE1qp6syhCBNnFNPUrz!~~_35[1].JPG
$(KGrHqMOKpoE1qp6syhCBNnFNPUrz!~~_35[1].JPG (17.47 KiB) Viewed 963 times
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

It appears that you got lost at some point of this discussion. What you are displaying here is Xmen Vs SF... and NOT "Xmen COTA (Children Of The Atom)". There was absolutely no dabate with regards to Xmen Vs. SF whatsoever... None!

Look at your original list please...
Marvel (& VS)

MSH >>> Saturn

X-Men: CotA >>> Saturn (Japanese) :oops:

X-Men vs. Street Fighter >>> Saturn (4mb)
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

lol that seems to be happening a lot in this thread. so, before today where did i say that cota-j can use a ram cart?

i found this post at bottom of page 3
X-Men: CotA
>>> Saturn (Japanese)

I think I had this up there because on the japanese version you can use the ram cart to make the game load more frames.

"I think". clearly i was confused.

well, i'll just list the dos version... :)

even an old reviewer didnt like the psx version: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_Chi ... video_game)#Reception
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

CD AGES wrote:
TheRev wrote:YOU

OUT

:lol: No worries! I recognized the moniker but couldn't put finger as to where... :lol:

I had no idea you hung out in these neck of the woods. Good to see ya :wink:

I got sick of posting on Assembler and started posting here. Which was just in time...they got sick of me over there. Hence the insistence of me joking...since they couldn't tell when I was and was not joking.

vlame wrote:well, i'll just list the dos version... :)

even an old reviewer didnt like the psx version: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_Chi ... video_game)#Reception

If you list the Dos version...why not just MAME?

Then again, I don't think this thread is about MAME or FBA.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

no emulators, officially released home versions only.

most likely the pc version of Super SF 4 AE & SFxTekken will be PC.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

YOU"RE RACIST....against emulators RACIST I TELLS YA!

Besides if you're getting a game on PSN/XBLA it is basically running off an emulator.

3rd Strike online isn't emulated but I'm pretty sure Marvel VS Capcom Origins and Final Fight Double Impact are. Not to mention Samurai Shodown II and Garou.