Definitive Fighting Game Versions!

Brawlers and Beatemups
vlame
Next-Gen

Re: Definitive Fighting Game Versions!

Post by vlame »

SaturnHST wrote:I'm pretty sure that Capcom Classics Collection on PS2 has the PS1 ports of SF2/SF2CE/SF2T, and I noticed that the Saturn version (Capcom Generation 5) has slightly faster loading times than the PS1 version. I've never played the Xbox version of CCC so I'm not sure if that one has reduced load times.

Also, you should note that the JP version of KoF Orochi Collection is the one to get for KoF 95/96/97. The US version has some slight slowdown especially on KoF 98.

but for 98 wouldn't it be ultimate 98 on ps2 and for dream match, 99 on dreamcast?

any idea on how to make this like a wiki so we can peer edit and review these?

edit: i just made a wikispaces, i have 5 invites for editors for this project, please pm if you would like to be one of them.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
SaturnHST
24-bit

Post by SaturnHST »

98 would be Ultimate Match; I just wanted to point out the issues in the US Orochi Collection version.

99 would be NESTs Collection on PS2. Japanese PS2 pretty much has the best versions of KoF.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

99 would be NESTs Collection on PS2. Japanese PS2 pretty much has the best versions of KoF.

Specifically 99 found only in NEO GEO mode on NESTs Collection! Because "99 Evolution" on this collection is quite frankly a piece of shit visually speaking when compared to the DC port.

And you right, with exception of UM 98, just about every KOF title that was brought over to the states are poor ports compared to their JPN counterparts... I guess you can thank Terminal Reality and G1M2 for that :(
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

The Rev's Flow chart for what is the definitive version of a fighter.

Is it on Saturn?
Y/N

Y- Saturn Version

N- Is it on Dreamcast?

Y/N

Y- Dreamcast

N- Is it on PS2/PSN/XBLA?

Y- PS2?PSN/XBLA

N- Then...it's probably the arcade version.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

TheRev wrote:The Rev's Flow chart for what is the definitive version of a fighter.

Is it on Saturn?
Y/N

Y- Saturn Version

N- Is it on Dreamcast?

Y/N

Y- Dreamcast

Y- PS2?PSN/XBLA

lol
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

TheRev wrote:The Rev's Flow chart for what is the definitive version of a fighter.

Is it on Saturn?
Y/N

Y- Saturn Version

N- Is it on Dreamcast?

Y/N

Y- Dreamcast

Y- PS2?PSN/XBLA

I'm assuming that your stance is that even if the Saturn version of a fighter happens to have technical issues that say, the ps1 version doesn't, you still give the Saturn version the edge because of the controller?
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

AppleQueso wrote:I'm assuming that your stance is that even if the Saturn version of a fighter happens to have technical issues that say, the ps1 version doesn't, you still give the Saturn version the edge because of the controller?

forget theoretics. name the game.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

vlame wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:I'm assuming that your stance is that even if the Saturn version of a fighter happens to have technical issues that say, the ps1 version doesn't, you still give the Saturn version the edge because of the controller?

forget theoretics. name the game.

CD AGES had a crazy long post about how X-Men COTA is actually better on the Ps1 verison.

Maybe Dead or Alive as well? Not sure what the verdict is on that one Ps1 vs Sat.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

CD AGES had a crazy long post about how X-Men COTA is actually better on the Ps1 verison.

Correction. It was its sequel MSH, I wrote my review for and not COTA.

viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=32&t=39800

I also firmly believe ST (found on SF Collection) on PSX is significantly better than its saturn counterpart.

With regards to DOA, the Xbox release found on Ultimate trumps both versions.