Fighting Is Magic... Do YOU Care About This Game?

Brawlers and Beatemups
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Fighting Is Magic... Do YOU Care About This Game?

Post by alienjesus »

I wasn't really sure about resurrecting this topic, but I feel this is a fairly big bit of news: http://www.mane6.com/2013/03/m6v2.html .

I had (and have) absolutely no interest in this game, but I still feel this is a pretty big coup on the developers part, and should be an interesting way for them to continue developing the game.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

That is pretty impressive.

Now that they are not going to be using copyright material, I think they should consider (with Lauren Faust's approval of course) selling the game in a "pay what you want basis" or perhaps keep it free but encourage "donations" (sharing the proceeds between all the creators, including Faust, or just passing it on to some charity).

Ivo.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I have no real interest in this game or this series, but that's probably the coolest thing that could ever happen to a fan project.
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

It kind of sucks if they have to make copycat versions of the original ponies, since the moves and fighting styles of the characters are (atleast afaik) based upon the personalities of different ponies from the show.
EvilRyu2099 wrote:Just curious, why is CM Punk so huge? What's his draw in wrestling?

Indy background, smart, funny&charismatic guy both in- and outside of the ring, has both good technical and mic&promo skills and he's one of the only guys with real edge/character left in the WWE. I'm not a big fanboy of his but I can see why he's like Jesus to some people, a character like that gives people hope during these dark times (the PG era).
EvilRyu2099 wrote:But they do.. They associate KoF as a franchise only third world countries enjoy and call it a "poverty" fighter.. There is no difference.. It just seems to be certain groups take those jabs more seriously than others..

EvilRyu2099 wrote:Most KoFs are not like that but the franchise still gets hate from Anime, Capcom and 3D fighting gamers... Especially prior to KoF 13... Because they were always budgeted titles..

What? Pardon my ignorance but how is that possible. I mean to SNK=Neo Geo=expensive games. Yes, my knowledge on this subject is that limited :lol: And yeah sure KOF games got ported to other systems, but I associate it with Neo Geo. It's not really a fighting game series with as much mainstream success and name recognition as Street Fighter and Tekken.
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Menegrothx wrote:What? Pardon my ignorance but how is that possible. I mean to SNK=Neo Geo=expensive games. Yes, my knowledge on this subject is that limited :lol: And yeah sure KOF games got ported to other systems, but I associate it with Neo Geo. It's not really a fighting game series with as much mainstream success and name recognition as Street Fighter and Tekken.

They are low budget games that mainly has a following in countries like China and Mexico, or lower level countries.. Most people in the US frown upon the games especially the various PS2 and KoF 12 ports.. KoF was not that huge in the early to mid 2000s up until 13 recently.. Sort of a revival of late.. Bigger budget players of the capcom, namco and even ark fighters used to frown upon KoF as a MUGEN type of fighter in presentation..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Menegrothx wrote:Indy background, smart, funny&charismatic guy both in- and outside of the ring, has both good technical and mic&promo skills and he's one of the only guys with real edge/character left in the WWE. I'm not a big fanboy of his but I can see why he's like Jesus to some people, a character like that gives people hope during these dark times (the PG era).

Ahh so he was like RVD before his fall from glory..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!