New Chinese Sandisk adapter for Sega Dreamcast! Updated!!!

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Anthony817
128-bit

Re: New Chinese Sandisk adapter for Sega Dreamcast! Updated!!!

Post by Anthony817 »

deathclaw wrote:However, individual emulation may be the cause - can you emulate more games than just those few ? (Gran Turismo 2, Tekken 3, Metal Gear Solid).
I guess it's simmilar to Xbox 1 emulation on the 360.

The company was going to have 4 boot discs that let you emulate 100 PS1 games per disc. They found this too much work to do, and actualy went to a single boot disc for each game, like the 3 you mentioned. However, the guys making Bleem leaked a special beta of the original emulator code, allowing hundreds of PS1 games to be bootd on a Dreamcast.

Anyway, sony didn't like these guys making their games run on hardware they didn't build that upscaled the games DRAMATICALY, and here in the US you can sue anybody for anything, and sony took the 2 man team to court, and lost everytime, but sony could afford to go to court each time, and a handfull of folks just can't do battle with a corporate giant like sony. So they were forced to shut down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleemcast!

My friend Smith made 201 selfbooting PS1 cdi's with this old emulator code and a selfbooting script the maker on the Counter-Strike DC mod made back in the day.

As of now, over 150 games are lost that were uploaded to megaupload. I am I am the moderator over at Dcisozone, and we thankfully have our own server for uploads, so those were saved from Megauploads flagging as nobody can delete our games, they will be there for a long, long time to come.

http://www.dcisozone.com/bleem-games.html
Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

Sorry for the double post, but here is a guy selling these on Ebay from China, not sure if it is the same guy, or somebody that bought these from him in bulk, but they are going for $16, so either way you look at it, you are going to still get it from China, but without having to depend on the middleman site.

http://shop.ebay.com/imeizu/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

Anthony817 wrote:Sorry for the double post, but here is a guy selling these on Ebay from China, not sure if it is the same guy, or somebody that bought these from him in bulk, but they are going for $16, so either way you look at it, you are going to still get it from China, but without having to depend on the middleman site.

http://shop.ebay.com/imeizu/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

The fact that he has no feedback and is from China makes me wary.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

Yeah, I know what you mean, but everyone has to start somewhere right? I am glad the buy from taobao site exsists, or I wouldn't have ever gotten mine. :)
pakopako
Next-Gen

Post by pakopako »

Isn't it still cheaper on eBay? (US$17, plus 6 for shipping to the US)

taobao only has a US$10 price-tag, but then you get hit with a $20 S&H.
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

Nope, going through "Buy from taobao" cost me $11.14 shipping and all. Even with them as a middleman site, it is cheaper that way.

Seriously, these things only cost $5, directly from taobao, and the the other site charges you like 50 cents for it. So yeah, the grand total cost me a little over $10, so that is still your best bet.
pakopako
Next-Gen

Post by pakopako »

Anthony817 wrote:Nope, going through "Buy from taobao" cost me $11.14 shipping and all. Even with them as a middleman site, it is cheaper that way.

Really? Shipping from China (Buy From TaoBao) to USA only cost $6?
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

Very cheap I know, I was surprised it was so low too, but it got here in 2 months and 2 days and all I payed was $11.14, and I am in the southern central part of the US, so it had to cross 2 continents and an ocean, hard to believe lol.

Since I made my video announcing these to youtube, I have gotten 7,000 views, so I am sure it was great free advertisement for the maker of these, and these must be a demand for them as they are still making and selling them like crazy.

And the guy selling these on Ebay is charging 6 to ship them too, but if it is the same guy, selling them on Ebay as on taobao, he must be trying to get a little extra from westerners. :roll:
pakopako
Next-Gen

Post by pakopako »

Anthony817 wrote:And the guy selling these on Ebay is charging 6 to ship them too, but if it is the same guy, selling them on Ebay as on taobao, he must be trying to get a little extra from westerners. :roll:

Hmm. If the ones on eBay arrive in two weeks rather than two months, I might be tempted to spot the extra $6.

Also, I recently bought an SD card from Amazon. The store was throwing in these orange USB SD-readers for free. They have the exact same design as these TaoBao DC readers. I wonder if their shells could possibly be exchanged?
Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

I have a friend from China that tells me these are the most common design, and they can be found in every corner and grocery store. I am pretty sure you could change the innards out, but be careful when doing so, the parts are hot glued inside.