DREAMCAST VGA QUESTIONS! come here for everything VGA w/ DC.

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: DREAMCAST VGA QUESTIONS! come here for everything VGA w/ DC.

Post by Hobie-wan »

Could be a little corrosion on the contacts either on the DC or VGA end.
Spike77
8-bit

Post by Spike77 »

I checked the connections but I must admit I wasnt thorough. I wont be able to try again until the weekend but will check the connections and clean them to make sure. Thanks!
Sega Genesis, Sega CD, JVC XEYE, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Super Famicom, N64, Gamecube, Playstation 1&2, Xbox, Xbox 360, NeoGeo AES!

Currently playing: Snatcher [SCD]
Spike77
8-bit

Post by Spike77 »

Well I got the chance to look at all the connections and recheck and clean everything but still have the same issue :? I think I might need another vga box.

Has anyone tried the Dreamcast VGA Cable on sale here at racketboy? it looks pretty compact so not sure if I should get the box or the cable :|
Sega Genesis, Sega CD, JVC XEYE, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Super Famicom, N64, Gamecube, Playstation 1&2, Xbox, Xbox 360, NeoGeo AES!

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

The box has a bypass to Composite/S-Video for the games that don't support VGA.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

Yup, I'd go with the box as CRT mentioned. The S-Video, xomposite and RCA outs are a lot more convenient in the long run and offer lots more flexibility on your AV setup.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Spike77
8-bit

Post by Spike77 »

Since my box went bad on me it made me think twice about it, but you guys are right. I'll just have to grab another box. Thanks again.

Amplibax
16-bit

Post by Amplibax »

I have the VGA box I bought from Racketboy and it looks great and works perfect on my CRT monitor, although I get vertical lines on LCD monitors, but they aren't too bad.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

Amplibax wrote:I have the VGA box I bought from Racketboy and it looks great and works perfect on my CRT monitor, although I get vertical lines on LCD monitors, but they aren't too bad.

One good thing to try is while the DC is running run your monitor's auto screen setup a few times until it looks about as good as it can and then try adjusting the phase (write down the number it's at beforehand, just in case). That should help alleviate some of the blurring and line issues on an LCD.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Amplibax
16-bit

Post by Amplibax »

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:
Amplibax wrote:I have the VGA box I bought from Racketboy and it looks great and works perfect on my CRT monitor, although I get vertical lines on LCD monitors, but they aren't too bad.

One good thing to try is while the DC is running run your monitor's auto screen setup a few times until it looks about as good as it can and then try adjusting the phase (write down the number it's at beforehand, just in case). That should help alleviate some of the blurring and line issues on an LCD.

Interesting. That's the first time anyone mentioned that. I'll have to try that out tomorrow.
dnbiola

Post by dnbiola »

I purchased an LG HDTV (a 47LD520 to be exact) about a month ago. I have been looking forward to utilizing the VGA input on the back to play my Dreamcast. I got the Retro Bit VGA box and a 10' VGA cable yesterday. But alas, I'm getting the "No Signal" message when I try to use it. :( It looks like other people have had similar problems with LG TVs and I gather that there might be a work around by using a VGA/HDMI adapter or something. I should have done more research from the beginning I suppose. Any help would be appreciated!
"Our hearts are restless until they find their rest in you." - Augustine