Fighting Is Magic... Do YOU Care About This Game?

Brawlers and Beatemups
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Re: Fighting Is Magic... Do YOU Care About This Game?

Post by BoringSupreez »

I'm gonna represent a third side here that just doesn't care. It was only going to be a fighting game after all.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

BoringSupreez wrote:I'm gonna represent a third side here that just doesn't care. It was only going to be a fighting game after all.

The thing is, it was going to be a good and fun fighting game. I've played the leak and it is genuinely enjoyable.

Shame that it's been shut down, though I'm not sure this is the end for it.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

Ack wrote:I think the militancy on both sides of this argument is weird, wrong, off-putting, and somewhat insulting. Guys, chill.

I fail to see how defending oneself is weird, wrong, off-putting, or at all insulting.

I'm sure TheRev wouldn't enjoy it if I said "Megaman fans RUIN EVERYTHING," nor would Brad be too happy if I said something like "Good riddance, I have no need to play as Sagat" if he was cut out of the next Street Fighter game.

Blaming an entire group of people for something is weird and wrong. Being happy that a game which you never intended to play got cancelled, at the displeasure of it's fans, is off-putting and insulting. Being insulted and not lying down and taking it is simply called having a backbone.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
Ack

Post by Ack »

MrEco wrote:
Ack wrote:I think the militancy on both sides of this argument is weird, wrong, off-putting, and somewhat insulting. Guys, chill.

I fail to see how defending oneself is weird, wrong, off-putting, or at all insulting.

I'm sure TheRev wouldn't enjoy it if I said "Megaman fans RUIN EVERYTHING," nor would Brad be too happy if I said something like "Good riddance, I have no need to play as Sagat" if he was cut out of the next Street Fighter game.

Blaming an entire group of people for something is weird and wrong. Being happy that a game which you never intended to play got cancelled, at the displeasure of it's fans, is off-putting and insulting. Being insulted and not lying down and taking it is simply called having a backbone.

And I quote from another of the pro-"Bronies" crowd:

lisalover1 wrote:just what the hell is wrong with you?

Now having a backbone in a mod to tell a crowd to calm down that is starting to curse at each other over a video game or fan community is a good thing, but would you care to educate us on how I should do my job? I'd really love to see what moderating horrors I have apparently performed.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

*sigh* Ack, my problem really isn't with you and you seem to have taken what I said the wrong way. I'm not saying bronies are perfect or anything, and you're fine to do your job by telling everyone as a whole time calm down. But I see this crap everywhere I go now and it pisses me off. People who judge me, assume things about my personality, or think that they're above me just because I watch a TV show. And then they always act like it's wrong to defend myself when they start insulting me for it, yet they'd never take that kinda shit if it was turned the other way around.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

I agree.. I'm a KoF fan but I could give a shit less if someone rips SNK or the franchise itself..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

EvilRyu2099 wrote:

I agree.. I'm a KoF fan but I could give a shit less if someone rips SNK or the franchise itself..

Well, the difference between that and this situation is that Rev and Brad are using ad hominem insults; they're attacking the fans as opposed to only the series. If someone were to walk up to you and say that you were a terrible person for liking KoF (purely hypothetical), that would most certainly be a different issue altogether.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

Hey Ryu you're a terrible person for liking any KoF game.

How many times have we made fun of the Sonic fan base here? But we've never had people get mad about it and start posting pics of sonic in response. Every fan base has weird fans that most normal people going to make fun of, cloppers spring to mind instantly in this case. It's just that the normal fan base will probably also make fun of the people that want to fuck sonic, with MLP anytime someone says anything bad about it gets all the fans riled up and on the defensive.

Seriously it's just a TV show who cares if someone hates it or the fans and you happen to like it. I don't care about the show one way or the other but I find the amount anger the fans show over people talking shit about it hilarious.

And I'm just kidding Ryu.
street fighter is better though.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

lisalover1 wrote:
EvilRyu2099 wrote:

Well, the difference between that and this situation is that Rev and Brad are using ad hominem insults; they're attacking the fans as opposed to only the series. If someone were to walk up to you and say that you were a terrible person for liking KoF (purely hypothetical), that would most certainly be a different issue altogether.

But they do.. They associate KoF as a franchise only third world countries enjoy and call it a "poverty" fighter.. There is no difference.. It just seems to be certain groups take those jabs more seriously than others..
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

flex wood wrote:Hey Ryu you're a terrible person for liking any KoF game.

How many times have we made fun of the Sonic fan base here? But we've never had people get mad about it and start posting pics of sonic in response. Every fan base has weird fans that most normal people going to make fun of, cloppers spring to mind instantly in this case. It's just that the normal fan base will probably also make fun of the people that want to fuck sonic, with MLP anytime someone says anything bad about it gets all the fans riled up and on the defensive.

Seriously it's just a TV show who cares if someone hates it or the fans and you happen to like it. I don't care about the show one way or the other but I find the amount anger the fans show over people talking shit about it hilarious.

And I'm just kidding Ryu.
street fighter is better though.
Exactly.. I don't get the point.. every fan-base has its detractors.. How said fan-base itself responds to them really is telling..