Saturn Street Fighter Collection something is really off...

Brawlers and Beatemups
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Saturn Street Fighter Collection something is really off

Post by noiseredux »

AppleQueso wrote:I'd really like to pick up the Saturn version of SFA3 someday. I really like that game (even if I'm not that good at it)

Alpha 3 is on Saturn? I figured Saturn just had Alpha 1 & 2 since 3 is on Dreamcast.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

noiseredux wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:I'd really like to pick up the Saturn version of SFA3 someday. I really like that game (even if I'm not that good at it)

Alpha 3 is on Saturn? I figured Saturn just had Alpha 1 & 2 since 3 is on Dreamcast.

It's japan-only. It's also better than the Dreamcast version.

...and it's expensive too :(
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

AppleQueso wrote:It's japan-only.

AH! That's why I wasn't familiar with it. I've certainly read up on my more-than fair share of JPN Sat games, but I pay far more attention on the US library.

It's also better than the Dreamcast version.

How the heck so? I love the DC version, so you've got me intrigued.

...and it's expensive too :(

No surprises there.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

noiseredux wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:It's also better than the Dreamcast version.

How the heck so? I love the DC version, so you've got me intrigued.

Larger character sprites, for one. I think the console exclusive characters have some added animation frames or something as well?

I'm sure somebody can elaborate a bit better.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

AppleQueso wrote:...and it's expensive too :(

I think I might regret not picking up Zero 3 on the saturn for $45 when I had the chance. Last I saw on ebay, the standard release (without ram cartridge) went for over $100 at auction....
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

even if the Sat version is superior, I can honestly say I've never felt that the DC version was "not good enough" in some way.
marurun

Post by marurun »

CD AGES wrote:
marurun wrote:CD AGES, you need to put together some kind of fighter compendium for us. For cross-platform fighters, let us know which ones are the best and which ones to avoid at all costs.

If you check around vlames thread regarding definitive fighting game ports to home consoles, you will see info i've provided to the cause.

I remember some of our conversations about this. If you've the inclination to write, I bet Racketboy would be willing to serve up an article on the topic.

I've been away a while, so I'll go back through some of these.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

Is this the case with the import version of Street Fighter Collection? I've owned it for quite some time now but I've only ever really spent time playing Alpha 2 Gold....
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

I think there actually were Survival and Dramatic Battle modes in the Ps2 version though, but I can't remember.

There is. In fact, every game on that compilation was built to have a Dramatic Battle mode wether their 32bit home conversion counterparts had one or not.

marurun wrote:I remember some of our conversations about this. If you've the inclination to write, I bet Racketboy would be willing to serve up an article on the topic.

IDK. I would think the general community here wouldn't have much interest for an article of that nature... maybe i'm wrong.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

CD AGES wrote:
marurun wrote:I remember some of our conversations about this. If you've the inclination to write, I bet Racketboy would be willing to serve up an article on the topic.

IDK. I would think the general community here wouldn't have much interest for an article of that nature... maybe i'm wrong.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'd be interested. Sometimes I don't mind playing inferior ports, but I trust your assessments, and find them to be wildly informative.