Dreamcast or N64?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
gup
8-bit

Post by gup »

Thanks for all the feedback. Wow ... not a lot of indecision. Guess I better grab the Dreamcast.

Have to admit, I thought it would be a closer call with titles like ISS 2000, Excitebike, 1080, Wave Race, and Mario Golf on the N64 side. Good point about emulation though. And the Dreamcast underground. And this:

There's a reason millions of bitter fans hesitated to buy a Gamecube.

Guess that sums it up. Will have to dig up some more info on Dreamcast games this weekend. Thanks again for the advice/tips ....
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

gup wrote:Thanks for all the feedback. Wow ... not a lot of indecision. Guess I better grab the Dreamcast.

Have to admit, I thought it would be a closer call with titles like ISS 2000, Excitebike, 1080, Wave Race, and Mario Golf on the N64 side. Good point about emulation though. And the Dreamcast underground. And this:

Guess that sums it up. Will have to dig up some more info on Dreamcast games this weekend. Thanks again for the advice/tips ....

For half of those titles you listed, you can get a better version on the Cube.
msimplay
64-bit

Post by msimplay »

racketboy wrote:
gup wrote:Thanks for all the feedback. Wow ... not a lot of indecision. Guess I better grab the Dreamcast.

For half of those titles you listed, you can get a better version on the Cube.

Its debatable which versions are better since from what I've found updates on the Cube were not quite up2 to the N64 originals due to too much conflaguration on the original formula.
Mario Tennis and Mario Sunshine come to mind and while I do like these games I did prefer the N64 originals.
Also ISS2000 on the N64 is considered one of the best versions and the Cube version considered a disappointment. I don't think Excitebike had a conversion to the Cube.
In the end its down to personal preference
Ramatut4001
128-bit

Post by Ramatut4001 »

In case you need one more reason... I think it's only going to get harder to get a cheap Dreamcast at a brick and mortar store. I haven't seen one for a while. Even the retro-stocked boutique shops can't hold on to them very long, whereas every Gamestop always has a few N64s laying around.