I really hate to do this, but for the good of all here...

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: I really hate to do this, but for the good of all here..

Post by Luke »

Fingolphin wrote:And no, I did not do the transaction through this site; it was elsewhere. But I wanted to make others in the community aware and also put the pressure on him a bit to maybe get my money back (I don't think it's going to happen).

Good on you.

Thanks for bringing this to attention without being malicious or attacking the guy, you simply stated the facts. You also took the courtesy of not exposing the guy's true identity blatantly on the internet, only his handle (yes I know it's still easy to find and you offer it via pm).

You handled this well, and pm sent.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

Literally only a few seconds of googling and there already is a trail of assholery as far as that guy is concerned.

Satoshi Matrix feedback
-1 Satoshi_Matrix. I bought him an arcade stick and a supaboy and couple other things to ship to Canada to save him on shipping. He was supposed to pay me back shipping charges after I shipped them and knew what the total would be. Well it came to $42 and he has not paid me back and I shipped his package in November. After multiple contacts he refuses to settle up with me. I would stay away after this experience.

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread ... x-feedback

Fingolphin wrote:I wanted to make others in the community aware and also put the pressure on him a bit to maybe get my money back (I don't think it's going to happen).

No, somehow I wouldn't count on that happening either.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Thierry Henry wrote:snip from elsewhere

Yeah, that played out on here too. :?
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

Sorry you got ripped off man. But I think your posting to Racketboy threads makes it look as though Racketboy had some sort of play in the deal. I know you are trying to be helpful, which is appreciated. Not my board though, so I'll just leave it at that. :mrgreen:
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

Truly a shame - I think most of us have been in that situation at one time or another. It sucks, but just try to learn from the experience and move past it. I personally don't do online trades or deals with anonymous people on the internet, only Ebay with proven protection for buyers and sellers. We seem to have a pretty decent group of posters here at RB, but it just goes to show you, you never really know...

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Thanks for the report, Fingolphin. I appreciate you bringing this to everyone's attention.

Satoshi seems like a cool character in his youtube videos. I'd like to hear his side of the story.

I'd like to politely suggest that--based on this story--the higher-ups should consider outlawing "gift" transactions on the B/S/T forum (with the possible exception of charity auctions). Thoughts?
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

samsonlonghair wrote:Thanks for the report, Fingolphin. I appreciate you bringing this to everyone's attention.

Satoshi seems like a cool character in his youtube videos. I'd like to hear his side of the story.

I'd like to politely suggest that--based on this story--the higher-ups should consider outlawing "gift" transactions on the B/S/T forum (with the possible exception of charity auctions). Thoughts?

I disagree. Use your best judgement. I've dealt with some guys on here several times, so we do gift payment. Newer guys I do as goods. Shouldnt be a rule in place, but something worked out amongst the 2 in the transaction.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

this happened to someone on thecoverproject not too long ago, also, fwiw. i'll see if i can't dig up the thread.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

That's a shame but I'm glad this is here. I'm super careful with who I deal with online these days. You never know who you can trust. Thank you for bringing another shady character to light so hopefully this doesn't happen again.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I actually haven't seen SM post here lately, although I might not be in the right sub-forums. I find this interesting- he always had pretty good advice and seemed respectable, so this really surprises me.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP