Back to the basics

Brawlers and Beatemups
the7k
Next-Gen

Re: Back to the basics

Post by the7k »

The game is interesting, but it's nothing like a traditional fighter. It's more akin to Virtual On.

Not saying it's good or bad, just that it wouldn't really yield much in the way of transferable skills.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Mechanics overload is what scares me away from anime fighters that I would probably enjoy otherwise.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

The fact that it's not a traditional fighter is what appeals to me. I actually think this looks easier to get into.

I think this comes out next week
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Right, I understand that, it's just that usually when I see people asking for a basic fighter, it's usually so they can get a grip of things at a lower level and then eventually progress up the latter, so to speak.

As for anime fighters, I don't mind the mechanics too much, it's the long as hell combos and how little damage individual hits do that bothers me.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

the7k wrote:As for anime fighters, I don't mind the mechanics too much, it's the long as hell combos and how little damage individual hits do that bothers me.

That is also a prudent point. One of the best things older games had going was DAMAGE. No need for comeback mechanics when a throw will do.