Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 18966
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:42 pm

MrPopo wrote:I'm single and spend my nights video gaming. I'm basically living how I dreamed my life would be as a kid.


I see.

My wife is going to be out of the house for a few days next week and I anticipate some epic Grandia marathons.
User avatar
Fragems
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5430
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 am
Location: Proctorville, OH

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by Fragems Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:51 pm

1. Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition(PS4)
2. Infamous First Light(PS4)

Short but sweet. Really makes me want to play second son which luckily is on a $20 sale at amazon :).
User avatar
Exhuminator
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11573
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by Exhuminator Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:04 am

MrPopo wrote:Definitely a fan of mech games.

I'm a mech fiend self-admittedly. I want to recommend a baker's dozen mech games to you (or whoever) because nerdgasm. Lots of big pictures because I enjoy box art:
Image
Super fun little strategy game.

Image

Image
(It's a NEC PC98 game.)

Image

Image
Looking Glass' most underrated game. Mechs and VOXELS. Come on people!

Image

Image

Image
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/aquales/aquales.htm

Image
http://www.mobygames.com/game/power-dolls

Image
(It's a Sharp X68000 game.)

Image

Image
This is basically a Front Mission game, and it shared developers from said series.

Image
Wouldn't be Racketboy without a Dreamcast pick. There is an English fan translation of this available.

And with that, I'm done off-topic'ing this thread.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 18966
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:28 am

I wish Night Slave had been ported to the Saturn or PC Engine CD or something. Amazing game.
User avatar
Sarge
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7215
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:08 pm

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by Sarge Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:52 am

I've done it, folks. I've actually gone and beaten Battletoads. On the system, no Game Genie, no continues (seriously, check the score!). I can't even believe I pulled it off. Battletoads has always been my white whale when it comes to beating games, so I'm absolutely ecstatic.

This was after a terrible first run. I figured, heck, maybe I'll up my game without save states as a security blanket. Well, I did get all the way to the last stage, but only had one continue and it went very poorly. I usually walk away at that point, but went back to it. It didn't start all that well, with me getting almost nothing out of the 1-up trick in the second stage (I think I ended +1), and losing like four lives on Surf City, which hasn't happened in a while. But I managed to catch fire from there, pulling off an excellent run through Level 8 (despite losing several lives at the end of that stage), a really nice run through Level 9 (including not dying on the boss there), a perfect run through Rat Race (seriously, how?), and a perfect run up to the boss of the Clinger-Winger stage (I've gotten through legit before, but that pause trick makes it really easy). From there, I only died once on the last stage, and ended up at the Dark Queen with like eight or nine lives.

Image
Image

Yes, this is overkill. But it's freakin' Battletoads we're talking about here!
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Damm64
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:49 am

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by Damm64 Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:05 am

1- Heavenly Sword (PS3)

2- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)

Now this was a game that i was really looking forward. I love the original deus ex, the narrative, characters, open level and freedom of choice of each level really make put me inmerse in the game everytime i loaded my save file. Human Revolution almost brings this same level of inmersion but the flaws are obvious are had been said several times, i'll just name them quickly.

Forced boss fights, out of a place and painfull in the max dificulty level (i was a idiot who tough YEAH I WANT DEUS EX GIVE IT TO ME!). Now instead of finding diferent augmentations for each part of your body you already have them all inside you but you must choose witch ones you want to upgrade or turn them on. This sounds like a nice balance but a mid game i found myself keeping almost fully upgraded in the areas i most use (hacking, strengh, battery) and by the end i had about 80% of the character maxed out and i was able to choose any path without a problem... now this should be good depending on how you look at it, in the original since you HAD to choose one augmentation several roads where block to you until a second playthrough bt now you can check all the ways if you wish. There's also the issue that the AI sometimes is just stupid or incredible in some intances i don't know how they catch me when im alone in a room with another guard while sometimes they try to shoot while im behind cover stay there for a few seconds and then just walk away (but this issue was also in the first i think) also sometimes the camera glitches out when you're shooting in cover and there's no other choice that pressing L1 twice to fix it... and also the ending.. it is kinda lame, but i wont touch that.

Still despite this issues the game is really good, the open level, the amount of ways of aproaching one objective and even in being really meticulous about every step i made i miss two or three secundary missions. Some people dislike the game for the changes above mentioned, and some other non-mentioned, but still is a great value and manage to catch that deus ex feel despite failing a bit in some parts. Totally give it a try and go for the directors cut edition.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Image
User avatar
J T
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 12420
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:21 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by J T Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:18 am

Sarge wrote:I've done it, folks. I've actually gone and beaten Battletoads. On the system, no Game Genie, no continues (seriously, check the score!). I can't even believe I pulled it off. Battletoads has always been my white whale when it comes to beating games, so I'm absolutely ecstatic.


Welcome to our elite club. It was a long time ago that I beat the game, but you never forget the day you beat Battletoads. That game is a beast and you should be proud.

Image
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
User avatar
MrPopo
Moderator
 
Posts: 22604
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:01 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by MrPopo Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:25 am

Exhuminator wrote:
MrPopo wrote:Definitely a fan of mech games.

I'm a mech fiend self-admittedly. I want to recommend a baker's dozen mech games to you (or whoever) because nerdgasm. Lots of big pictures because I enjoy box art:
Image
Super fun little strategy game.

Image

Image
(It's a NEC PC98 game.)

Image

Image
Looking Glass' most underrated game. Mechs and VOXELS. Come on people!

Image

Image

Image
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/aquales/aquales.htm

Image
http://www.mobygames.com/game/power-dolls

Image
(It's a Sharp X68000 game.)

Image

Image
This is basically a Front Mission game, and it shared developers from said series.

Image
Wouldn't be Racketboy without a Dreamcast pick. There is an English fan translation of this available.

And with that, I'm done off-topic'ing this thread.

I do have a copy of Assault Suit Leynos 2; I think I've played a level of it. And Terra Nova is awesome, though I feel like it's more of a Starship Troopers game. Fun factoid; the ending cutscene of System Shock has a cameo of Terra Nova in it (which I think was in development at the time).

Forced boss fights

That was my original issue with HR. The Director's Cut version you can get on PC (and I think was on the Wii U) completely rejiggers the boss arenas so that you can do them while leveraging things like hacking skills instead of just shooting them.
Image
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
User avatar
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9207
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:56 pm
Location: Denver CO, USA

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by RyaNtheSlayA Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:29 am

MrPopo wrote:
Forced boss fights

That was my original issue with HR. The Director's Cut version you can get on PC (and I think was on the Wii U) completely rejiggers the boss arenas so that you can do them while leveraging things like hacking skills instead of just shooting them.


The DC is also available on PS3 and 360 but suffers from serious performance issues on both of those platforms.

And yeah, the reworked boss fights are very nice, as is implementing the DLC right into the main game. Although the visual standard of the DLC is much higher and so kinda sticks out like a sore thumb, especially on the Wii U version.

PC is definitely the place to play the game with the U version coming in a close second. The touch screen stuff is neat and well implemented but nothing trumps a keyboard and mouse for the game.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
User avatar
Damm64
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:49 am

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by Damm64 Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:52 am

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
The DC is also available on PS3 and 360 but suffers from serious performance issues on both of those platforms.

And yeah, the reworked boss fights are very nice, as is implementing the DLC right into the main game. Although the visual standard of the DLC is much higher and so kinda sticks out like a sore thumb, especially on the Wii U version.

PC is definitely the place to play the game with the U version coming in a close second. The touch screen stuff is neat and well implemented but nothing trumps a keyboard and mouse for the game.


I wanted to play it on PC but my laptop will suffer a bit playing some PC games since it tends to get really hot about 1-2 hours of game... and i played this game 6-8 hours marathon for 3 days :lol:

WiiU could be a better choice when it gets cheaper or i save some money. I want Bayo 2 so that console is a complete must now.

How bad is the PS3 version?
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Image
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests