Together RPG - Lunar: The Silver Star - 11/11 --> 1/31

Level up here
darsparx
Next-Gen

Re: Together RPG - Lunar: The Silver Star - 11/11 --> 1/11

Post by darsparx »

I have but it seems by the time i make it to the truffle again he just wipes me out. (I had already pushed luna as far back as possible and alex bottom right one button press from the outside I think...I'll have to reattempt either tommorrow before sleeping or sunday after I take my pics of the new setup). I think what I had been doing though was casting cascade on both and then switch luna to constant healing while alex had been doing vigor followed by sword dance. Guess I'll have to really look at it later...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Heh heh, took 7 tries but beat him and finally met Mia and Ghaleon(sadly not even playing this version before I still knew who it was when I saw him thanks to that weird thrown in boss battle from the gba version...). I'm stiarting to feel like a kid in a candy store each time I finally beat one of these bosses...especially since these are geninually good boss that make me think unlike some games I've played though that whole "no item" thing in that area was horrible o_O
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

eggman
24-bit

Post by eggman »

Just received the Dragon Helmet from the Blue Dragon. I am level 32 across the board and approximately 19 hours deep.

I will finish this before the weekend is out. I really like both versions of this game. Gba and PSP. They are different but both have something to offer. I am seriously considering owning and playing all NA versions of the first two Lunar games one day.
Need Hexyz Force and Class of Heroes 2 for a complete PSP RPG Set.....let me know your price!!!!
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

I am going to start this soon. Now just have to choose a version...
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Lunar is 25-30 hours.

Make sure you fight every enemy, and then some. Bosses scale to Alex's level, but some grinding is recommended to gain spells and money, and to stay powerful enough to defeat normal enemies.

The game is (somewhat) harder than other RPGs of the era. Healing after every other or every third battle is not unusual.

Are you using a walkthrough? Lunar has a lot of missable items. Especially the bromides.

Back when I played it, I went all the way through to the final boss, and had to wait so I could grind like three levels to be able to fight.
eggman
24-bit

Post by eggman »

Finished the PSP port last night. Characters at level 46 and about 29 hours total. I loved the anime cutscenes and the translation work in this game. The voice work was ok, but not incredible. The characters were really well done in the PSP port and much more fleshed out than the GBA version.

I will play the other versions of this game one day, just to see the small differences in each. I loved the game. I will be investing in Eternal Blue soon.

I believe Grandia is waiting......
Need Hexyz Force and Class of Heroes 2 for a complete PSP RPG Set.....let me know your price!!!!
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Finally made it to Lann and the island, slowly but surely making progress on my day's off. I don't think I'll be be beating this before the 11th though...
My gameroom

nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Defeated the Magic Emperor (being as spoiler free as possible) in one try last night.
Was at Level 46 at around 26 hours.
It was a rare boss battle where I was able to keep my mages alive through the whole thing.

Took me a while to get back to it, partially because I was mad about a couple secret items that a guide mentioned, but the game denied me for some reason (along with a few bromides). But whatever.

One thing I notice is that the boss strategies are pretty much the same. Alex always starts out with vigor and spams Sword Dance, and same with Kyle's equivalents. The mages have a few options, I guess, but it usually just comes down to hoping you have enough HP to survive the next attack before you heal again.
I guess that's most older style RPG's though. The variety of FF6 ruined me in some ways.

I like the battlefield style, but really wish that you could move around before attacking without giving up your turn with defend. That would make some strategies and special moves more useful.

So anyways, fun was had, and I have proven that I tend to replay games that I know and love than to experience anything new :wink: .
...just another lost soul...
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Together RPG - Lunar: The Silver Star - 11/11 --> 1/31

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

EXTENDED