Revansch! - The show that seeks revenge on video games

Post game-related video clips here
Revansch

Revansch! - The show that seeks revenge on video games

Post by Revansch »

Hi everyone!

In 2012 we started a Youtube show called Revansch! (Revenge!). We wanted to do something different rather than simple game reviews. We also wanted to beat the games and see the actual endings! We came up with this idea, to play games we never managed to beat as kids, and now 25 years later we're back to finally see how the games ended.

We have been doing this for 2 years now, and our show is very popular in Sweden which has a huge retro game community. Since our show is in Swedish we finally decided to make English subtitles after a lot of requests. But before we continue to put a lot of work and effort into this, we wanted to know what you think about the show? Right now there's only a couple of episodes translated, but we will continue translating if you enjoy it.

Bear in mind, this was 2 years ago and we have evolved and learned a lot since then. We think that we finally figured out our concept with the upcoming season 3.

Let us know what you think!

EXTRA: Introduction
Revansch! (Revenge!) is a Youtube-show that seeks revenge on your childhood videogames.
Victor and Fredrick introduce themselves and explain what the project called "Revansch!" is all about.

S01E01: Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Experience is at a low level when Victor and Fredrick dust of the old retro consoles and start taking revenge on their childhood.
What have they gotten into? Will this work?

S01E02: Pocky & Rocky (SNES)
Fredrick shows off his Super Nintendo collection and Victor immediately recognizes a game from his childhood.
Victor remembers that he played this at Santlaland in Dalarna.
This will be their first co-op adventure. Will they be able to trust each other?

S01E03: Battletoads (NES)
The duo continues to look for difficult games and raises the bar considerably this time.
The game is considered to be the most difficult in the entire NES library. Are they way over their heads this time?

S01E04: Hammerin' Harry (NES)
Victor remembers that he and his mother were inside a toy store in Vetlanda when he saw this game.
Both Fredrick and Victor don't know if they ever beat the game. It's time to find out!

EXTRA: Contribution, Svampriket, Childhood memories
Today we have a lot of news to reveal. There's a new host replacing Fredrick today. His name is Björn.

Follow us for the latest updates and news:

Revansch! - The show that seeks revenge on your childhood video games.
Nyukki
128-bit

Re: Revansch! - The show that seeks revenge on video games

Post by Nyukki »

Sounds fun, will check it tonight at home.

Challenge: Can you name the games that the letters in the Revansche title screen are from? The A is obviously from a Mega Man NES title.
Weekend shmupper
Revansch

Post by Revansch »

Please do!
We would love to hear what you think!

English is not our native language so there might be some bad english in there.

Tell your friends about us because we would like to know if we should continue translating all episodes.

Season 2 and 3 are even better than Season 1 so it feels kinda wrong, introducing the first season.

Hope you enjoy!
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

So when you say you "beat" Battletoads, you mean you got to stage 3 and slammed into a wall on a speederbike, right? I always thought that was an interesting design choice on the part of Rare, not to have a standard boss fight or happy ending but instead to just end the game abruptly there.

I mean... that is the end of the game, right guys? Guys??
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
Revansch

Post by Revansch »

@KalessinDB That's just a warp to level 5. I assume you're joking, right? :)
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

:lol:

Yes I was joking. I tried to make it as obvious as I could, being sensitive to the fact that you said English wasn't your native language, but I suppose I should have went for the forum-standard bluetext to indicate it.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
Revansch

Post by Revansch »

You never know! You can't assume people to be smart these days ;)

I understand english but I didn't really know if you were serious or not :P