A Video Series on SHMUPS: SHMUP Master

Post game-related video clips here
AggroSky

A Video Series on SHMUPS: SHMUP Master

Post by AggroSky »

Hey everyone, I am relatively new to the forum (although I've done quite a bit of poking around) and I've discovered this is a great place to find new gaming content! In fact, I discovered the very awesome Sega Channel while I was browsing last night.

So with that in mind, I figured I would share my video series that I do on SHMUPS. I only have 2 episodes under my belt so far but this is the premise:

I do a no death run of the featured game, no cheats, emulators or save states, on the hardest difficulty setting. I record it using an Elgato capture device on the original hardware, start to finish, in one go. The signal gets upscaled to 1080p via a SCART to HDMI converter for maximum quality.

With Episode 2 I did the Sega Genesis SHMUP Thunder Force 3. And also beginning in episode 2, I decided to do a "produced" segment before my run talking about these topics:

1) The History of the Thunder Force series
2) Comparisons between the 4 different versions of Thunder Force 3
3) Fun with the amusing voice samples
4) Huge Death Montage!
5) And of course, my No Death Run

The entire video is lengthy at 44 minutes. However, I have time stamps so you can jump around to any section of the video you want. And the last half hour is my run with commentary. I would love any feedback as I am still developing the series and ideas for it. Let me know what you think! Thanks!

http://bit.ly/VDhdBK
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: A Video Series on SHMUPS: SHMUP Master

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Really great quality - both in video and presentation. Thanks for sharing.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: A Video Series on SHMUPS: SHMUP Master

Post by Gunstar Green »

You had me at Thunder Force.