Yumi's Odd Odssey / Umihara Kawase - out on 3DS eshop (NA)

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Godot102
64-bit

Re: Yumi's Odd Odssey / Umihara Kawase - out on 3DS eshop (N

Post by Godot102 »

CavZee wrote:If anyone was interested, this game is on sale for $19.99 until 6/15. Dunno if I'll pick it up or not but figured I'd let everyone know.

They should seriously lock it at that price, if they want more than 10 people to buy it...
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

So it can be beat in 10 minutes? And it's $30?
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Jrecee wrote:So it can be beat in 10 minutes? And it's $30?

I haven't played this game, but have played others in the series.

The game can theoretically be beaten in 10 minutes, once you are familiar with how everything works, but it will certainly take you longer than this your first play. Its just the design, the better you get at the game the more fluidly you can move about its world. By the time you are capable of beating the game in 10 minutes, you will have certainly had your $30 worth.

Also, shmups. 20 minutes long, and people pay hundreds, even thousands for them, and play them for years. Its not always about a measurement of a game from its beginning to its end.

That said, a $19.99 price tag makes much more sense for this game. A sale at $14.99 and it would currently reside on my 3ds for sure.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Yeah but they pay hundreds (thousands...) for shoot em ups that are rare, classic, and in a physical box with a physical cartridge. Certainly people paid $50 a pop for NES games in the 80s, that could be beaten in 20 minutes or so, but again, that was a physical product, and it was also the height of technology at the time. I don't really understand how they're charging $30 for something that looks like it could have been developed by one indie developer in 6 months, especially when there are big budget experiences for less, and small budget experiences for less. I mean, if it's worth $30 to you then by all means, but when it comes to these brief downloadable experiences, I could probably buy 4 or 5 better games with that kind of cash.