Sins of a Solar Empire

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Sins of a Solar Empire

Post by Mozgus »

So I just bought this game, after seeing all the praise. It got IGN's PC GOTY, for one. I had also noted a lot of the praise about the game stemming from it's gameplay aspects. Many people said that it breaks a lot of the traditional rules of the RTS genre (and if you ask me, the more traditional a game is here, the worse it is).

So I bought it. I was hasty to buy because I noticed they were having a database issue, and said anyone who buys anything between today and when the issue is fixed, gets 33% off the next purchase, which would likely be the $10 expansion for me. So a little many saved there.

One thing I'm indifferent about is how it required me to install Impulse in order to download the game. Impulse seems to be like Steam, but...honestly much prettier. Hopefully I don't need impulse to be running to play the game afterward, though.
General Chaos
128-bit

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire

Post by General Chaos »

Let us know how it is. I've been tempted to buy this myself.

Edit: Of course, I could just download the demo, and in fact I did. I'm trying it out now. So far it seems impressive.
Last edited by General Chaos on Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PharmaceuticalCowboy
64-bit

Post by PharmaceuticalCowboy »

There's no real need for Impulse, and you don't have to install it. However, the new micro-expansions are released on Impulse first and they will get a retail release around the end of next year. Myself being an Sins freak couldn't hold out and I've already bought the first expansion, thus I installed Impulse. GOTY for me.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Impulse is soley a distribution system. Once the game is on your system you don't need to run Impulse again, except when you want to patch the game.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

I've got, bought it at retail. I haven't played it yet :O. I'm waiting to get my new monitor (in the sales) before I embark on any RTS games. I've got SupCom on ice right now for that very reason.

Shame on me I guess but then again. I do only have a 15" which is a nightmare for RTS.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys