Sonic 2 released on IOS and Android with a new zone.

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
TheSegaSaturnGuy
64-bit

Re: Sonic 2 released on IOS and Android with a new zone.

Post by TheSegaSaturnGuy »

So I downloaded the lite version on my iPad. It is horribly glitchy and the touch controls do not work well and feel clunky. I do, on the other hand, like the teamwork move where Sonic and Tails become a ball and destroy everything lol. I also thought that the running on water was beautifully done. I wont be buying this one after all. :(
I am buying all Saturn games, PM me with your offerings and I will let you know if I need the game or not! (Everything must be CIB)

Currently trying to knock off all the sports games, would like to get them <$5 each! Of course if you would like to donate them I will gladly pay the shipping! :)
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

How is it that amateurs, fans, and hackers consistently out-do the official Sonic the Hedgehog re-releases? This reminds me of when Sega released Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis for the GBA. The big selling point was that Sonic could do the spin dash in Sonic 1 (a feat that fans accomplished years beforehand), but Sega's official release was buggy as hell. The slowdown, the controls, the hit detection, and the audio were sub-par to say the least.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

samsonlonghair wrote:This reminds me of when Sega released Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis for the GBA.

That game was one of the biggest let downs in mobile gaming for me. "Finally, one of my favorite games that I can play on the go"...Nope. The GBA version didn't "feel" like Sonic at all. For a game that I have almost memorized, I found myself dying in the early levels and having difficulties obtaining the chaos emeralds.

Sonic advanced wasn't half bad though.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

samsonlonghair wrote:How is it that amateurs, fans, and hackers consistently out-do the official Sonic the Hedgehog re-releases? This reminds me of when Sega released Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis for the GBA. The big selling point was that Sonic could do the spin dash in Sonic 1 (a feat that fans accomplished years beforehand), but Sega's official release was buggy as hell. The slowdown, the controls, the hit detection, and the audio were sub-par to say the least.

SegaSaturnGuy is talking about Sonic 4, not this new port. The new port is really well done.

Sega actually enlisted someone from the fan community to work on these mobile ports, which is probably why they've turned out so good.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Can I play ios games on Lion, Mountain Lion, or Mavericks? Can I then use a usb controller (say a sega saturn USB controller) on my mac with the ultimate goal of playing this new version of Sonic 2?
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

samsonlonghair wrote:This reminds me of when Sega released Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis for the GBA. The big selling point was that Sonic could do the spin dash in Sonic 1 (a feat that fans accomplished years beforehand),

You can also do the spin dash in Sonic 1 on Sonic Jam and it is awesome.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Post by samsonlonghair »

I've never played Sonic Jam. That's the Saturn port of the Genesis games, right? I've heard mixed reviews.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

I think it plays closely. But I have not done a side by side or anything. I am not too much of a perfectionist though.