Help Me Remember an Arcade Game

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Help Me Remember an Arcade Game

Post by ExedExes »

I get to these "name that game" threads too late.

Thayer's Quest was also in the final shootout scene on Death Wish 4, among other arcade games.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

So Thayers Quest on GOG is mouse lead. You rarely use the keyboard, unlike the arcade version. So the fancy keyboard would only be needed in the Daphne version. And if you are playing the GOG version you can beat apprentice in about three hours. I sat down on Saturday night and beat it in about that. The harder difficulty level is much more intense and requires alot more experimentation.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

fastbilly1 wrote:So Thayers Quest on GOG is mouse lead. You rarely use the keyboard, unlike the arcade version. So the fancy keyboard would only be needed in the Daphne version. And if you are playing the GOG version you can beat apprentice in about three hours. I sat down on Saturday night and beat it in about that. The harder difficulty level is much more intense and requires alot more experimentation.

Still gonna grab it though. From what I have garnered, the harder difficulty is more akin to the arcade. Wish it had the keyboard use though. Ahhh well! You still get to see a completed work, unlike the unfinished arcade release.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

So true. I hope you enjoy it. It is tricky in some parts and like other games of its type, expect to die a whole mess of a lot.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

fastbilly1 wrote:So true. I hope you enjoy it. It is tricky in some parts and like other games of its type, expect to die a whole mess of a lot.

Oh yeah. I'm a Sierra game survivor so I am ready for the worst! muahahahaha!

Not to mention that my first real experience in this type of game was Space Ace for the Apple IIGS. Game had something like 9 discs and swapping was constant!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.