Hierarchy of video game haters

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: Hierarchy of video game haters

Post by Luke »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:It's Kotaku. Why would you expect anything they pump out to be of quality?

I can say without a shadow of a doubt I don't regularly read their articles. And by regularly I mean never.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Hazerd wrote:Why do the Nintendo fans have their own category, personally i think Sega fanboys are more hardcore, while Nintendo fans tend to not speak their mind as much as Sega fans :lol:

DEAL WITH IT!

Nintendo fanboys get new games. Sega fanboys (until recently) do not.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

Hazerd wrote:Why do the Nintendo fans have their own category, personally i think Sega fanboys are more hardcore, while Nintendo fans tend to not speak their mind as much as Sega fans :lol:

DEAL WITH IT!

A personal observation: Outside of retro gaming forums/youtube videos you really dont see much (if any) hardcore Sega fan boys, but there's a "casual retro gamer/Nintendo fanboy"-type these days that plays some NES and SNES (and possibly N64/GBC/GBA) games and also supports the newer stuff by Nintendo. Usually these folks can only stand cutsey Japanese games, platformers, Zelda, Pokémon and maybe JRPGs. Bashes modern gaming because of all the gritty "realism", "because it's all about graphics these days" and absolutely hates FPS games. Yet these people really don't play any retro games besides those really popular NES/SNES classic.
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

^That also explains the "Nintendo premium", how used prices on first party Nintendo games tend to be high even if the games are extremely common. Especially true with SNES.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

AppleQueso wrote:^That also explains the "Nintendo premium", how used prices on first party Nintendo games tend to be high even if the games are extremely common. Especially true with SNES.

Not at all true with NES games.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:^That also explains the "Nintendo premium", how used prices on first party Nintendo games tend to be high even if the games are extremely common. Especially true with SNES.

Maybe these mythical casual Nintendo fanboys think the NES is 'too old' or something.

:P
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

AppleQueso wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:

Maybe these mythical casual Nintendo fanboys think the NES is 'too old' or something.

Or could be the NES sold much more than the SNES. Greater supply but same demand for the crowd looking to play older games.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

AppleQueso wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:

It's mostly the well known classics... Mega Man, Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Mario Kart, Chrono Trigger, that kind of stuff. Nothing obscure. There's a ton of games for NES and SNES that dont fit the bill.
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

They have a Nintendo Fan pyramid-layer. Just because my collection and collecting as of late has skewed towards their lineup doesn't make me one :lol: Plus, as mentioned, that dreaded Nintendo Markup Premium (TM)

This was funny --

Imagine that dude on our forums.
(also, what's a Cave shoot-them-ALL?) Shmalls? :lol:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.