N64-Gamecube

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Hatta
Next-Gen

Re: N64-Gamecube

Post by Hatta »

A Wii is still going to run you around $300. I would, and this is my plan too, buy the GC and N64 for cheap now and play the heck out of those for a couple years, then buy a Wii when it's $100 or so. You'll get all 3 systems for less than a Wii costs right now, and you'll still have plenty of games to play. Current generation hardware is for suckers.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
allyourbasearebelongtous
8-bit

Post by allyourbasearebelongtous »

tales of symphonia is a must have rpg if you have gamecube imo.
its one of my all time favorites.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I second Tales of Symphonia. I can't wait for the Wii sequel to come out.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I second Hatta, if money is an issue or you are trying to save up
any how, I own a wii and there is hardly anything to play and games expensive still
zelda and mario still at aronud $60!
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

What? Get out of here. I've never seen a Wii game over $50, and some launch under. Cruisin' was only $30 when it came out. Also, there's tons of great Wii games out, in my own opinion. The system is still fairly new, as far as game library goes, so you can't expect it to have a killer amount of games out yet.

One thing that really hurts the system, in my mind, is really bad 3rd party games. A lot of them have really bad graphics, I've seen graphics that look like N64 in some games.

There's plenty of awesome games out there right now though, some of which I've still yet to play/buy. Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Medal of Honor Vanguard, Red Steel, Resident Evil 4, Mortal Kombat Annihilation, Zelda, Metroid Prime 3, these aren't great games?

Also, I sold my Gamecube to fund my Wii purchase.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I personally thought Red Steel really fell short, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the sequel. No More Heroes was cool and quirky and fun.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Suraido
8-bit

Post by Suraido »

Hatta wrote:A Wii is still going to run you around $300. I would, and this is my plan too, buy the GC and N64 for cheap now and play the heck out of those for a couple years, then buy a Wii when it's $100 or so. You'll get all 3 systems for less than a Wii costs right now, and you'll still have plenty of games to play. Current generation hardware is for suckers.

That is what I plan to do :D
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Wii is gonna have a price drop any time soon.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Ziggy587 wrote:What? Get out of here. I've never seen a Wii game over $50, and some launch under. Cruisin' was only $30 when it came out. Also, there's tons of great Wii games out, in my own opinion. The system is still fairly new, as far as game library goes, so you can't expect it to have a killer amount of games out yet.

I meant around full price, I just got mixed up because other systems are selling at $60
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

^Another bonus for the Wii.

MrPopo wrote:I personally thought Red Steel really fell short, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the sequel. No More Heroes was cool and quirky and fun.

I really liked Red Steel. I thought it was more original then most FPS. Having the sword fights and all that was really great, for me.

I didn't know there was a sequel coming out, I'm happy to hear that.